Windows 10: wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3

Discus and support wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Something strange is happening to my surface pro 3 running windows 10 Pro 64bit. At first, I was trying to surf on the net and received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by said76, Dec 1, 2015.

1. said76 Win User

wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3

Hi,

Something strange is happening to my surface pro 3 running windows 10 Pro 64bit. At first, I was trying to surf on the net and received something like server connections timed out. I then checked on my wifi status by hovering my mouse over the wifi icon at the system tray and it said "internet access". This is usually a good sign. But still unable to load any external pages on the firefox browser.

I then had to run the diagnosis over the wifi network and the wifi came back alive. By the way, by disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi wouldn't fix the internet connection issue.

after 3 minutes or so, the internet was down again. I had to run diagnosis over the wifi network and it worked again.

After this, I tried to check to see if there was any updates that I need to install. I found that it's in the middle of downloading "upgrade to windows 10 pro, version 1511, 10586". This is the latest major upgrade from Microsoft.

By now, I kinda got tired of running diagnosis on the wifi network. I got to hook it up with the ethernet wire connection. Now, I can access the Internet and the windows update started downloading without any interruption. But I can't rely on the ethernet cable for the stable internet connection.

My question is would this wifi dropout issue be caused by this windows update download. Or are there any tweaks that you may suggest I should try?

By the way, I have also disabled Hyper-V on this machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

:)

said76, Dec 1, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 dropping wifi when USB is in use

I 've noticed that any time I use the USB-port on my Surface Pro 3 (running Windows 10), then wifi will drop its connection.

It doesn't seem like the Surface is losing connection to the NIC, just that the connection will drop and I won't be able to reconnect as long as the USB-port is in use. The connection doesn't seem to drop right away, but if I try to transfer a file to a
    USB 3.0 stick, I've notices that the transfer speed will drop dramatically right at the same time the wifi-connection does.

DennisOePetersen, Dec 1, 2015
  3. bumgarb Win User
    Type Cover issues, sporadic behavior in Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

I'm considering doing a refresh or complete reinstall.

Today I repeatedly had multiple issues when using the surface after it came out of sleep.

Type cover wouldn't work, surface pen wouldn't respond, and the surface wouldn't reconnect to WiFi.

The WiFi issue is a newer issue for me. Surface basically reports no WiFi networks in range until I reboot.

In short, it seems like the Surface Pro 3 has a lot if issues in Windows 10 revolving around the sleep feature. I use this as a mobile device, so I'm closing the cover and putting it to sleep multiple times per hour.

bumgarb, Dec 1, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

If it is only with Windows 10 that it is dropping connections, but not in Windows 8.1. You are one of many that Microsoft is not supporting for that unit.

The Surface 3 Pro has had more problems with it, then Windows. Majority of them are power plug adapter problems. It does not surprise me that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade to their newer model.

A lot of people are going with the Lenovo Yoga, because it has better support and a whole lot cheaper.

bro67, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 - Similar Threads - wifi keeps dropping

2. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  3. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  4. Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar: Already disabled all usb, wifi related power savings settings. Any clues? submitted by /u/giniyo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvcod4/wifi_keeps_dropping_instantly_reconnects_merely/
  5. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...: I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games. What...
  6. Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro: Suddenly I am experiencing very slow wifi speeds on my surface 3 pro. On all my other devices (desktop and iPhone) I get around 150 Mbs. Now on the Surface, I am getting under 30 Mbs. Recently I have added Version 1909 build:18363.476. I have removed the Marvell Wifi driver...
  7. My Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 keeps dropping connection to bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 keeps dropping connection to bluetooth mouse: I am running Windows 10 1903 update on a Surface Pro 3 and it keeps dropping the Bluetooth connectionto my Designer mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-3-windows-10-keeps-dropping/4ce09c44-968e-4ea4-8473-7e87cd6fe5b7
  8. Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi

Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi: So I've owned this Surface Go for all of a week, and while it does connect to wifi, it keeps dropping the connection and reconnecting every half hour or so, despite that no other device in the house has this issue. I have confirmed it has nothing to do with the connection...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  10. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...