Windows 10: wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Discus and support wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelKristian, Jul 23, 2018.

1. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

:)

MichaelKristian, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Lianachu Win User

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again (until the the next time).

I've tried updating the wireless adapter drivers and turning off WiFi Sense but no dice.

Lianachu, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Sam966 Win User
    Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on Windows 10

Dear Microsoft(or anyone who knows the solution to my problem),

The WiFi on my Hp randomly disconnects and reconnects, and the problem is not with the WiFi because all other electronic devices I have are all connected without any issues. I tried searching on the web to find any solutions and tried them, like the “Allow
    the computer to turn off this device to save power” button, but nothing happened. I also tried to click on the forget WiFi button then reconnected and still the problem hasn't been solved. If you could please find me a solution I'll be really thankful and
    I bet many others are encountering this problem so this would help a lot.

Thank you.

Sam966, Jul 23, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

WiFi disconnect randomly

Occasionally my wifi will start dropping the connection - usually just manually disconnecting and reconnecting the connection will get it going again. Usually I see this happen a couple days in a row I'll go to Settings / Network / WiFi / Manage known networks
    & click my SSID connection and push the forget button.

Reconnect to the ssid with the password. No more dropping connections for several months.

'Mike P, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

1. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly - Similar Threads - wifi keeps dropping

2. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.: My WIFI on my Windows 10 randomly goes out for no apparent reason, And I can tell that its not the WIFI having issues, because the WIFI works great on other devices. Whenever it disconnects, I can't do anything to fix it besides restarting, and it happens very frequently...
  3. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.: My WIFI on my Windows 10 randomly goes out for no apparent reason, And I can tell that its not the WIFI having issues, because the WIFI works great on other devices. Whenever it disconnects, I can't do anything to fix it besides restarting, and it happens very frequently...
  4. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode

Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode: I've had random WIFI disconnects for over a year Happens minutes to days after rebooting... which always reconnects to WIFI. Attempts to reconnect after a disconnection is met by message "cannot connect to this network". Meanwhile router is working perfectly, NetFlix on tv...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting randomly

Wifi keeps disconnecting randomly: Hello Microsoft support, Since I switched to windows 10 I am having stability issues with my wifi connection: My desktop pc loses connection to my router in arbitrary time intervals. Sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes my connection is stable for an hour. After the...
  7. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect: Sometimes this takes a few hours to do, but just now it happened after a few minutes. My connection just disconnects, and when I try to reconnect, I'm told that I have to re-enter the password as some setting have changed. Nothing has changed and it requires a full restart in...
  8. WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?

WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?: I've had this issue for like 6 months and I'm yet to find a fix. My computer disconnects every few hours (sometimes every few minutes), and I have to manually reconnect every time it happens. It also disconnects when I put it on sleep mode or turn it off. I've tried updating...
  9. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...: I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games. What...
  10. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping: Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi randomly disconnects windows 10