Windows 10: WiFi keeps getting disconnected

Discus and support WiFi keeps getting disconnected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi! This problem seem to come out out of nowhere.. I have already turned off my auto update for windows since that was causing me problems BSOD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ivanx, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ivanx Win User

WiFi keeps getting disconnected

hi!

This problem seem to come out out of nowhere.. I have already turned off my auto update for windows since that was causing me problems BSOD with my drivers before. Now all of a sudden my internet connection seems to stop for some reason while im browsing. Also my Wifi now shows "wifi 2" after I clicked on "diagnose". The connection comes back after my laptop finishes diagnosing itself but sooner or later I get disconnected again, and the cycle goes on.

Thank you in advance.

:)

ivanx, Sep 30, 2017
  2. RyanFaulk Win User

WiFi keep disconnecting

Several times a day (and they seem to come in clusters) I will lose my wifi connection. The only way to resolve it is to run the troubleshooter, but the problem resurfaces minutes later. It makes my computer entirely unusable.

Dell XPS 13 (2015), Windows 10. All drivers are up to date.

RyanFaulk, Sep 30, 2017
  3. Chaniam Win User
    WiFi keeps disconnecting

Contacted MSN again and this time they fixed the problem immediately. New representative knew what he was doing whereas the first lady could not help and said it was my server or I had a lemon laptop and to return it to dealer. Sigh.

Chaniam, Sep 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Sep 30, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Open up a Command Window and enter netsh wlan show all and paste the output. Either congested channel (1, 6 or 11 are what automatically gets used), weak signal from a not great amplifier in the unit causing overheating or crash with the gateway or building materials causing the signal issue.

When you paste the output after copying it from Command by right click on the top part of the window and left click on copy, then paste that info on here, we can better help.

I use Channel 3 for my main channel on the 2.4ghz radio on my access point and have never had any issues by manually setting it to that channel.

bro67, Oct 1, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    Just a tip for posting the results of commands
    EG:
    Code: netsh wlan show all | clip[/quote] This will copy the the output of the command to the clipboard, then simply right click and paste when posting, This tip works with most commands and also with powershell

sml156, Oct 1, 2017
  7. vaxevanos Win User
    Man do this steps one of that works for 99%

1)can your machine connects to another wifi network
    if yes restart or reset your router after that go to your settings and click forget your wifi network as you can see in the picture and try to conect from start Attachment 156457

2)if you cant conect anywhere then burn an ubuntu live cd,boot form ther and check if you are be able to concet in your wifi from here .if yes,then you have a software problem with windows,your settings or whatever it is and you need to unistall your drivers and make all windows updates for your machine .
    if no then probably your wlan card is dead unscrew your laptop and check if the wifi_card is hot if yes try to find another wifi card or buy a usb wlan card

vaxevanos, Oct 3, 2017
  8. vaxevanos Win User

Man do this steps one of that works for 99%

1)can your machine connects to another wifi network
    if yes restart or reset your router after that go to your settings and click forget your wifi network as you can see in the picture and try to conect from start
    WiFi keeps getting disconnected [​IMG]

2)if you cant conect anywhere then burn an ubuntu live cd,boot form ther and check if you are be able to concet in your wifi from here .if yes,then you have a software problem with windows,your settings or whatever it is and you need to unistall your drivers and make all windows updates for your machine .
    if no then probably your wlan card is dead unscrew your laptop and check if the wifi_card is hot if yes try to find another wifi card or buy a usb wlan card as i did when i have this problem for me this works fine Wifi Dongle, HOMORE Wifi adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band (2.4G/150Mbps+5.8G/433Mbps) Wireless USB Network Adapter/Antenna for Desktop/Laptop/PC, Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista Mac Os:Amazon.co.uk:Computers & Accessories

vaxevanos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi keeps getting disconnected - Similar Threads - WiFi keeps getting

2. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  3. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  4. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep getting disconnected on WIFI: I can only connect to WIFI since right now I dont have cable to use. I keep getting disconnected even im just sitting right beside the modem. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-disconnected-on-wifi/cec8c687-dd97-4843-b7a5-051f63e696ff
  5. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keep getting disconnected on WIFI: I can only connect to WIFI since right now I dont have cable to use. I keep getting disconnected even im just sitting right beside the modem. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-disconnected-on-wifi/cec8c687-dd97-4843-b7a5-051f63e696ff
  6. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: This problem has been going on for a long time and there is no precise way to describe it on the internet and get an exact solution. So my WiFi will work. It will show in the WiFi symbol at the bottom right of my monitor that I am connected, but the problem is that I really...
  8. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: I have had my pc built for a good while now, basic and relevant (i think) specs are ryzen 5600x, archer tx50e wifi6 intel adapter, 32 gb of ram. I have had the same driver from the archer website downloaded, and it hasn't been updated or revised as of May 2020. I also use a...
  9. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: Hello, After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my WiFi disconnects 2-3 times per day. I have an ASUS X750JB I have installed QUALCOMM WLAN 10.0.3.456 from this site https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/#wlan but I am not sure if should have...
  10. WiFi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi keeps disconnecting: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on an Asus TUF Gamign A15 laptop and the WiFi just doesn't wanna work properly. It keeps disconnecting and I can't honestly do anything. I've tried updating, installing drivers, everything. It's not a hardware issue for sure cause on Garuda...