Windows 10: Wifi keeps on losing signal strength

Discus and support Wifi keeps on losing signal strength in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I Google Searched every possible solution and nothing really helped, I even went to the point going to the configure in Network Adapter Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denial, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Denial Win User

Wifi keeps on losing signal strength

So I Google Searched every possible solution and nothing really helped, I even went to the point going to the configure in Network Adapter Settings > Configure > Ticked off Allowed The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power

It worked For 15 minutes or so, then the Wifi kept on dropping out, I've Restarted and Done All The Router Stuff, That Other Blogs Suggested, Still Nothing, Wifi continuously Drives me insane, now it drops to 2 bars of signal all the time.

I also did ipconfig/ flushdns and that didn't work either, though i was hoping it would, but anyway, I have port forwarded my IP so I can play Mine Craft with my cousin, but other than That, I have No idea why it just drops constantly in wifi signal all the time.

If Anybody else knows what I can do to get it staying 5/4 bars signal Strength and not drop when I'm watching Netflix or playing Mine Craft or Battlefield 4 Multi Player. Please let me know what else I can do, if they need my Wire Less info/name of it, it is

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

and yes it is up to date in patches and etc... it worked fine even in Windows 7 Home and Windows 8.1 Home, but as soon as I grabbed Windows 10 Home Update, it just keeps on doing this annoying bug. So Please may Some One Help me.

:)

Denial, Feb 11, 2016
  2. cirerebew Win User

How can I stop losing wireless connection lost when phone is locked?

Doesn't work (Lumia 820 on WP8 latest update) - I still keep losing WiFi when moving around within the office. No network issues, signal strength is steady / present, no router issues. Iphones / Android devices of colleagues do not have any issues.

cirerebew, Feb 11, 2016
  3. CJLim Win User
    can't get nokia 5800 wifi signal.

Wifi signal strength has nothing to do with the network you are with. Wifi signal strength is dependent on the distance between your phone and the wifi router. Is it your own wifi at home that you are using?

CJLim, Feb 11, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

What type of router are you using? Which band are you using? How far are you from the router? This may be interference from neighboring WiFi WAPs on the same channel. Download one of the free WiFi monitoring apps from the Windows Store such as WiFi Analyzer to see what your WiFi environment looks like. The pick a channel that has less interference and set your router to use that channel (rather than picking one automatically).
    Post your responses to these questions, including what your WiFi environment looks like.

PJLLB, Feb 12, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    H I there

try changing to a different channel -- usually 1 and 6 are the most congested in the 2.4 GHZ band --use 11 or 13 (Not sure if 13 is allowed in the US or "Down under").

Otherwise if you can switch to 5GHZ band and set to 40 Mhz WIDE channels instead of the standard 20 MHZ standard channels.

Contention on Wifi causes massive degradation in urban areas, set router to "N" mode to use 5MHZ band - or read its documentation.

Cheers
    jmbo

jimbo45, Feb 12, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Hi Denial,
    Have you got the driver from Intel? Download Intel 10
    You could also try the driver version 18.33.0.1 from station drivers, are you using your ISP's DNS? If you are, try Open DNS or Google DNS.

brummyfan, Feb 13, 2016
  7. Denial Win User
    Well Hmm, after another Update with the WiFi it seems okay now, so I am wondering if it is just a Windows 10 Update bug with the update before, So hoping it'll stop it's silly nonsense and continue working perfectly, I'll post again if it has any more errors *Smile sorry for my late response as well, was at work and a few other life things to do, but again, it seems to have fixed itself, Thank you

Denial, Feb 14, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Do you have an Android phone? You could try Wifi Analyzer which tells you where weak points are so you can gauge whether its necessary to get a wifi extender.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi keeps on losing signal strength - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps losing

2. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  3. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  4. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The wifi strength keeps lowering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The wifi strength keeps lowering: Hi, My wifi keeps dropping by one "bar" and this happens a couple of times a minute. All the other devices at my house work just fine at full strength and this has only been happening recently. Any help greatly appreciated! submitted by /u/VentSauxe [link] [comments]...
  6. Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?: I thought my wifi signal was strong because Windows' tray icon usually shows full or almost full bars, and I wondered why it was so slow at times. But then I took a look at my router admin interface and... low signal strength?! -65 dBm and 12 Mbps?! What's going on? Why is...
  7. Perfect signal strength, slow Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perfect signal strength, slow Internet: Perfect signal strength still gives ridiculously slow Internet. I have tried these solutions and they are useless - reset/diagnose this and that (temporary solution until next time, not a fix) I will not even try these - reset the OS (just won't do that, period)...
  8. Signal strength mystery

Signal strength mystery: A technical mystery. It starts with a coax line that carries both a Direct TV line and a cable modem line. With a standard coax spitter, the two signals are easily divided between a Direct TV receiver and a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with no trouble. However, when I attach a...
  9. Devolo 500 Signal Strength

Devolo 500 Signal Strength: I have the following set up. Router connected to Dlan 500 duo with Cat5 cable Two dlan 500 Wifi: One located on the same floor, (Drawing Room) as the Router and one on the floor below (Xander) Using Cockpit the signal strength to Drawing Room is 200 Mbits/s and to Xander 74...
  10. WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.: Hi. I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here. My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well served by it. For about a week, I was noticing that the WiFi signal strength is reducing in some rooms of the ground floor....