Windows 10: Wifi limited connection problem

Discus and support Wifi limited connection problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amansundas, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Wifi limited connection problem

Hi,
    I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the problem.
    Any kind of help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance.

:)

Amansundas, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Billy Med Win User

Cannot connect my Lumia 550 to Open Networks

Hi,

When you try to connect to public wifi hotspots, do you get an error message?

It is possible that the reason why your device cannot connect to these wifi hotspots is due to poor connection or overcrowding.

Wifi hotspots, in order to perform well, have a ideal limit regarding the number of devices that can connect with them. When the devices that connected with them reached the limit, the succeeding devices that wish to connect with them may have problems connecting,
    or might experience a slow connection.

Billy Med, Nov 5, 2015
  3. valeri879 Win User
    windows 10 high ping on asus tp300l

I have all latest drivers but wifi not work fine, it have connection problem and when I turn off and turn on wifi connection fixed limited time only 30 sec

valeri879, Nov 5, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Wifi limited connection problem

Ok. It helps to know if the problem connecting is on Public hotspots or private Wifi. Forget everything you see on Youtube and blogs. As for forums like this. Everything is going to be the same, when it comes to getting answers to your questions.

That means telling the whole story behind what mfg & model of computer, if it is a Private or Public hotspot, If private, what channel or channels is it set on.

Really cannot tell you anything more at this point, without the extra information needed. But really you are going to be better by troubleshooting on your end. That may mean even going with a USB adapter with an external antenna.

bro67, Nov 5, 2015
  5. Thanks for your concern. I am experiencing this problem with private wifi. Public hotspot seems to be fine.Wireless Status Channel11[2.462GHZ,Upper].. After connecting to the wifi it shows limited. And cant surf the internet. Ethernet is doing fine

Amansundas, Nov 5, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    I have recently seen that in a friend's laptop. Windows Update has replaced your WLAN driver and it doesn't work properly. Download and install latest driver from manufacturer. If it is an Atheros card, you can also download latest driver from hide any WLAN driver updates so Windows Update won't replace it again.

PS: If no Windows 10 driver is available, try for Windows 8 or 7 or Vista. It should work.

spapakons, Nov 5, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    Get your Gateway out of Channel 11. If Wireless-N and Dual channel capable with 40 Mhz channel Bandwidth. Use Channels 1 & 5.

You can check what channels other Access Points are set at, by going into Command as an Admin and entering: netsh wlan show all.

A lot of WiFi adapters do not like Channel 11.

bro67, Nov 6, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

spapakons, the Vista, 7 drivers will not work with 10. 8 drivers will, because 10 is a close cousin to 8.

The Atheros drivers have been poorly supported for a long time.

Realtek & Intel chipsets have been really good in having up to date drivers.

The best thing for tr OP to do. Is get a USB adapter with the Realtek chipset in it and allows for a a external antenna as a part of the unit.

bro67, Nov 6, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    I have installed Windows 10 32-bit in an old notebook as test. Most drivers are Vista 32-bit and work great. Yes, they work, of course there are exceptions. But rule says they will work. Network drivers are more compatible than other devices, in some rare cases even the Windows XP drivers work.

spapakons, Nov 6, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    I had no issues running 10 Pro x64 on a Dell Inspiron 537s Intel Core 2 Duo, with 4 GB RAM.

It actually ran faster then with 8.1, when I had to install Vista, then the Service pack & updates, then 8 and updates, then 8.1 and updates.
    It now has a Seagate Constillation 1TB, that I got on Newegg for $90.. Runs a whole lot faster.

Newegg has SSD's on sale today.

bro67, Nov 6, 2015
  11. TrustMe Win User
    I have done the same with an old Dell D610. After the upgrade I had no sound and the only driver I could find was for Windows XP. I pointed the update to the XP driver and it installed just fine. I have had no trouble with it at all.

TrustMe, Nov 6, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    You will laugh with that. For the legacy Realtek AC'97 audio card (not the new HD) the Vista driver works in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. In Windows 10 it gives a BSOD due to a specific incompatible (and I bet on purpose) DLL file. I tried to install the official Windows XP driver (in Windows 10 32-bit) and it also gives a BSOD due to a different DLL file (coincidence? Don't think so!). I finally made my old audio card work with a modified Windows XP driver for AOpen 1558-JLV which is a Realtek AC'97 clone!

Bottom line: Windows XP drivers, not only work in Windows 10, but sometimes are the only option for an old device!

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

My dad had to get a new video card for his, HP Core 2 Duo, because the Intel chipset was not recognized. I never even thought about a sound card.

The great thing is that having the upgraded sound card. You now have a media server to play music on.

I got a HP 1955 LCD monitor for $60 & the Speaker bar for it at $20 on Newegg for the Dell, that I use for an extra screen or to listen in on Police scanners.

There is always a use for still good gear. Unless it is a 20 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop that my dad gave me for seeing if I could get any of the Linux distros for ancient hardware.

bro67, Nov 7, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    Visit devices manufacturer's site and see if Linux is supported and which distro. I think Ubuntu has the greatest driver compatibility either directly or by third-party, but do a little research before deciding which Linux distro to use. Instead of the full Ubuntu, you can install a lighter version such as Lubundu which uses the same drivers and supports almost all applications.

I would rather use Windows 98 than install Linux anyway. There is even a third-party enhanced Windows 98 kernel that you can install and allow some (not all) Windows XP applications to run in Windows XP compatibility mode! Examples are recent versions of Mozilla Firefox and Office 2003.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi limited connection problem - Similar Threads - Wifi limited connection

2. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  3. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  4. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication: Greetings, I'm having some connectivity issues in specific cases. The WiFi connection icons indicate that I have no internet connection but I seem to be able to browse through web pages, download or upload files. What I cannot do is connect to the Microsoft Store and...
  5. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  6. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  7. Limited WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  8. WIFI - Limited connection after 10 seconds

WIFI - Limited connection after 10 seconds: Hi guys, Since I changed my Network adapter, I'm having connectivity trouble. Each time I start my PC, I have internet working fine for about 10 seconds, after that it fells into "limited connection". If I switch off Wifi and start it again, the same issue occurs. My...
  9. Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited"

Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited": Hey guys, I just upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything are working perfectly other than the wifi connection. When I am connected to a wifi connection it always state as a limited connection. I just did everything that I can. Help me guys *Sad 13322
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...