Windows 10: WiFi loss after previous wired connection

Discus and support WiFi loss after previous wired connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've an Asus X550CC laptop with Windows 10 Home that boots and connects to the internet via Ethernet without issue as well as automatically connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doc943, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Doc943 Win User

WiFi loss after previous wired connection

I've an Asus X550CC laptop with Windows 10 Home that boots and connects to the internet via Ethernet without issue as well as automatically connecting wirelessly to my router if I unplug the network cable. This is good for a while, say, 30 minutes or so.

Problem is that I will subsequently lose the wireless connection and troubleshooting's only remedy is to plug the network cable back in, not reset my WiFi adapter to rejoin wirelessly. I can see my wireless Router in the available networks list but it fails to reconnect, necessitating a reboot (or plug the cable back in). Oddly, if I use only WiFi in my session I don't have this issue. Advice welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Phil

:)

Doc943, Oct 30, 2017

2. How to create local area network (LAN) in windows 10?

Hi,

You need a router and either a wired or wifi connection.

Please read the top two links in my previous reply.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 30, 2017
  3. No internet connection on my pc

There is a yellow triangle on the internet icon and no internet connection on my pc. It's a wired connection with no wifi capabilities. The wifi and the wired connection work on my laptop

RichardPorst, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

WiFi loss after previous wired connection

1. WiFi loss after previous wired connection - Similar Threads - WiFi loss previous

2. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop: Hi! I have a problem with wifi on my home laptop, unfortunately it happened again. Everything is fine the wifi works perfectly fine and all of the sudden it disconnects and isn’t shown on list but all of my neighbour’s wifi are. It once happened before and I couldn’t connect...
  3. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop: Hi! I have a problem with wifi on my home laptop, unfortunately it happened again. Everything is fine the wifi works perfectly fine and all of the sudden it disconnects and isn’t shown on list but all of my neighbour’s wifi are. It once happened before and I couldn’t connect...
  4. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  6. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  7. Loss of wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of wifi: After upgrading from 10 to 11 I no longer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-wifi/2338c6e9-4ea1-4518-9c80-94944e8f57ab
  8. Loss of wifi connectivity

Loss of wifi connectivity: Hi folks, I have a long standing issue as follows: * I am running Windows 10 on Acer Aspie E1-571 laptop * I can connect to wifi with no issue before after a given period of time, I lose wifi connectivity * When I then look at the wifi networks that are available to...
  9. Laptop losses connection to WiFi

Laptop losses connection to WiFi: My laptop loses connection to the wifi when some big files are being downloaded from internet and then it doesnt even reconnects to the wifi also i can not disconnect from it the only way to get it back is to restart the laptop. I have Alienware 15 R3 and i have tried all...
  10. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware laptop losses ethernet conection