Windows 10: Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer.

Discus and support Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, For the last few months the wifi needs to be manually re-connected each and every time I open my laptop screen or wake the computer up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by teacherk6, Aug 29, 2016.

1. teacherk6 Win User

Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer.

Hello,

For the last few months the wifi needs to be manually re-connected each and every time I open my laptop screen or wake the computer up from sleep.

In the past it did this automatically. If I was connected, I would leave my computer, wake it back up and it would re-connect to the usual network I use.

Now, it does not.

I have turned off the function "turn off wifi connection to conserve energy" - actually that was never even activated.

Any ideas? Or is this just the way it has to be from now on?

Thanks

:)

teacherk6, Aug 29, 2016
  2. LonJon Win User

Wireless Adapter needs to be reset on start up after Windows 10 upgrade

Da_Matser, your solution 1 seems to have worked, so far. Thanks

My problem was when the computer wakes from sleep the WiFi adapter needed to be reset each time. On a full shutdown restart there was no problem with it.

I wonder with solution 1 if the wifi will continue running during sleep and drain the battery down?

LonJon, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Startbar doesn't work upon wake

Upon waking my pc from sleep, the startbar stops working. Nothing happens when I click the windows icon in the bottom left(on startbar). I am forced to restart my pc.

If the startbar is working upon wake, sometimes I cannot connect to wifi. Although it is set to 'connect automatically', every time that I need to connect, I have to do it manually. To connect manually, I have to click the up arrow on the start bar to show
    hidden icons. When I click on the wifi connection icon, nothing happens. I'm able to open other programs in this task tray, but clicking on the wifi icon does nothing.

I'm asking for help, because I think it's ridiculous to have to restart my computer every time my startbar stops working or I can't open my wifi connections.

SirChristopherJosephMarcelainIII, Aug 29, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

That would be due to the Wireless Zero Config Service is not waking the adapter out of S3 state. Double check power options for the device and also in Power settings for Control Panel. Power Management also has a troubleshooter that you can pull what happened during the last wake state.

bro67, Aug 29, 2016
  5. WaterCat Win User
    I recommend updating your network driver first - it's easy and may solve the problem.
    * Right-click START button (bottom left corner) and select Control Panel
    * In upper right corner type "Device Manager" in search bar.
    * Click on Device Manager in the results open it in a new window.
    * Click the + sign beside Network Adapters to display them.
    (probably only one) and double-click the Wi-Fi adapter.
    * In the device window, select the Driver tab, then Update driver.
    * Reboot and test
    Acer Switch tablet, Broadcom adapter, Win10 Home v1511

WaterCat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer. - Similar Threads - Wifi needs connected

2. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  3. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  4. I need help connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help connect to wifi: My computer, before being restarted due to facing an unexpected loop error, was able to connect to wifi while being setup. Right now, ethernet is enabled but I am unable to connect to wifi at all. How do I connect to wifi without buying a wifi adapter?Before this problem, I...
  5. I need help connect to wifi

I need help connect to wifi: My computer, before being restarted due to facing an unexpected loop error, was able to connect to wifi while being setup. Right now, ethernet is enabled but I am unable to connect to wifi at all. How do I connect to wifi without buying a wifi adapter?Before this problem, I...
  6. I need help connecting to wifi

I need help connecting to wifi: Wifi wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-connecting-to-wifi/dc4a3bb9-bd46-4ba0-9fb6-4ac10f1c86f8
  7. I need help connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help connecting to wifi: Wifi wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-connecting-to-wifi/dc4a3bb9-bd46-4ba0-9fb6-4ac10f1c86f8
  8. I need help connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165. For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a...
  10. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165. For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a...