Windows 10: WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro

Discus and support WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I read this discussion of a similar problem, but I have further questions and that thread is closed. Using boot camp assistant I installed Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sanjayrag, Jul 16, 2018.

1. sanjayrag Win User

WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro

I read this discussion of a similar problem, but I have further questions and that thread is closed.

Using boot camp assistant I installed Windows 10 Home on my MacBook. Everything went well and I tried to download the fortnite installer when I got a warning about Windows Firewall having blocked something. I proceeded with the installation anyway, but it failed because I had lost my internet connection. Actually I had lost the connection with my WiFi network. WiFi is not even listed under Settings->Network & Internet. And there is no WiFi device under Device Manager->Network adapters. If I boot OS X WiFi works just fine as usual, so the WiFi hardware is good.

• Scanning for new hardware and a ‘Network reset’ via Settings didn’t help.
    • The build-in troubleshooter in Windows was useless.

When I right-click on Device Manager->Network adapters I do not see an option to update drivers. (I only see scan for new hardware (which did not help), and Properties). Looks like Windows is missing the WiFi drivers. So how do I follow these instructions you gave in the previous discussion to reinstall the driver?

>>

Please update the Network adapter and check if it helps.

Update the Network adapter drivers.

a. Press Windows + x, select Device Manager.

b. Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

c. Click Update drivers.

You may contact apple for the drivers. If the drivers are not available for Windows 8 you may download Windows 7 drivers and install them in compatibility mode.

To run the drivers in compatibility mode, please follow the steps.

a. Right click the driver installation file and select Properties.

b. Click the Compatibility tab.

c. Check the option Run this program in compatibility mode.

d. Click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, Click OK.

e. Try installing the driver again.

<<

:)

sanjayrag, Jul 16, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10 Pro

Is the WiFi network adapter working correctly according to Device Manger, or is it an unkown device or have an exclamation point?

Is the WiFi network adapter showing up under Change Adapter Settings in the Network and Sharing Center?

WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro [​IMG]

WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 cannot access a shared MacBook Pro on the network

I just purchased a MacBook Pro. Turned on sharing for everyone on our network for Documents and Pictures but my Windows 10 laptop cannot see the MacBook in the Network list in File Manager. I was able to see the Mac from Windows 7 before I upgraded to
    Windows 10. Is there a driver or two missing that needs to be installed before I can see the Mac or are there other settings that need to be adjusted to all my Win10 laptop to access the Mac. Thanks!

scubabum52, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10 on MacBook Pro - Similar Threads - WiFi Network Adapter

2. Missing Wifi Network Adapter/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Wifi Network Adapter/s: I have this desktop for over 1 year already and now there seems to be a problem with my network adapters from the past few days it was not stable and it frequently be disabled/hidden/ or there's a error code. I was able to fix it by watching YouTube videos but then yesterday...
  3. Wifi is missing in the Network Adapter Option

Wifi is missing in the Network Adapter Option: Hello, I have an issue with my PC's wifi. The wifi option is missing in the "Network & Internet Setting" and is also missing in the "more network adapter options". I am using a TP-Link wireless PCI Express Adapter" for my wifi and in device manager, the option is hidden....
  4. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  5. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  6. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi network adapter went missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  8. Wifi network adapter went missing

Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  9. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  10. Missing wifi and network adapter

Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not finding wifi adapter macbook pro

2. windows 10 not finding wifi adapter macbook pro

3. network adapter drivers for win 10 pro

4. network adapter name in macbook pro,
  5. windows 10 missing network adapter on macbook,
  6. microsoft: macbook air no network adapter,
  7. windows 10 cannot find wifi adapter macbook pro,
  8. network adapter disabled windows 10 for macbook pro,
  9. wifi adapter info on a macbook,
  10. missing network adapter macbook pro 10,
  11. macbook air bootcamp windows 10 wifi disappeared,