Windows 10: Wifi network name on cellphone hotspot

Discus and support Wifi network name on cellphone hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is purely a purely cosmetic problem, but my home wifi network doesn't have this issue. My cellphone hot spot does, however. Every time I turn the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akaihiryuu, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Wifi network name on cellphone hotspot

This is purely a purely cosmetic problem, but my home wifi network doesn't have this issue. My cellphone hot spot does, however. Every time I turn the hotspot on or off on the phone, Windows 10 adds and increments a number at the end of the network name. For example, <network name> 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. There doesn't seem to be any way to rename this or get rid of the number. Has anyone else experienced this? It's weird because Win8.1 didn't do this.

:)

Akaihiryuu, Oct 3, 2015

2. Nokia C6-00 Joikuspot

Is there a wifi hotspot that your cellphone knows and connects to? You cant use joikuspot if your cellphone is connected to another wifi network,

chanchan05, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Brunney Win User
    WiFi limited connection windows 10

Yes very close it's my cellphone wifi hotspot

Brunney, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Wifi network name on cellphone hotspot

1. Wifi network name on cellphone hotspot - Similar Threads - Wifi network name

2. Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot: To be able to work from home I use a VPN to connect to my work-PC using a remote desktop. But when I connect to my wifi and start the VPN connection, I'm unable to connect to the remote desktop. This error shows: "The remote resource can't be reached". But when I use my phone...
  3. Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name: Hello All, I have UVerse with AT&T. The Uverse Residential Gateway (fancy word for Router) is installed in my office. The Gateway has ports for ethernet and also provides WiFi. My living room is on the opposite side of the house and the WiFi was not good so I ran an ethernet...
  4. HotSpot Name and Password

HotSpot Name and Password: On Windows10 x64 by defaut on some PC Windows assign a random hotspot name and wifi password and I cannot change it Any clues Is there a GPO that prevent such changes...
  5. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  6. Wifi Hotspot

Wifi Hotspot: I cant start my wifi hotspot, when i go into setting and turn it on, it said we cant setup hotspot, is work well after a month but then suddenly it decide to stop working, i tried to do anything on the internet, nothing work, hosted network when i check netsh wlan show...
  7. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  8. Unable to get my laptop to Read my cellphones Hotspot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get my laptop to Read my cellphones Hotspot: I am trying to get my laptop to read my cellphone's hotspot but have been unsuccessful. I have tried everything. I have Windows 10. I never had a problem in other operating systems. Can somebody please tell me what to do?...
  9. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  10. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...