Windows 10: Wifi/Network Settings Glitches

Discus and support Wifi/Network Settings Glitches in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there. Recently I have updated to Windows 10 Pro, version 1703 on my Dell laptop. A couple of days after the update I started to receive some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carter546, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Carter546 Win User

Wifi/Network Settings Glitches

Hello there. Recently I have updated to Windows 10 Pro, version 1703 on my Dell laptop. A couple of days after the update I started to receive some weird technical glitches with my Wifi settings. Whenever I disconnect from a Wifi network and try to connect to another one, It shows that It is connecting for a very very long time. When I exit and re-enter the Wifi tab, none of the Wifi signals even show and continuously searches for them but never finds any. So to connect to another Wifi network I have to restart my computer every time, and I have to switch networks several times a day. If you could please help me as soon as possible that would be much appreciated. If you have any further question, feel free to ask.
    Thanks in advance.
    Carter

:)

Carter546, Jul 25, 2017

2. Wi Fi not working on the London Underground after the Amber update

Hi simonrockman,

Now and then I'll experience a glitch with WiFi. I find that sometimes the simplest solution is to simply delete the existing WiFi profile for a hotspot and then recreate it. This has worked about 90% of the time for me.

Settings => Wi-Fi => Tap and hold on a network and tap delete.

Your Lumia device should then re-detect the network and set it up again.

I hope this helps!

David

DavidScammell, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Carter546 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro WiFi/Network Settings Glitches

Hello there. Recently I have updated to Windows 10 Pro, version 1703 on my Dell laptop. A couple of days after the update I started to receive some weird technical glitches with my Wifi settings. Whenever
    I disconnect from a Wifi network and try to connect to another one, It shows that It is connecting for a very very long time. When I exit and re-enter the Wifi tab, none of the Wifi signals dont even show and continuously searches for them but never finds
    any. So to connect to another Wifi network I have to restart my computer every time, and I have to switch networks several times a day. If you could please help me as soon as possible that would be much appreciated. If you have any further question, feel free
    to ask.

Thanks

Carter

Carter546, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Wifi/Network Settings Glitches

Hi Carter. Welcome to the TenForums @Carter546

In your case the first thing I would do is reset your Windows 10 network. You will "Forget" all wireless passwords just so you know and Homegroups

Start => Settings => Network and internet => scroll to bottom on the ride side, last item "Reset Network"

I would also issue these four commands at a Command Prompt(admin). In the commands don't key the stuff in brackets, it is there for your info. The four commands are

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

Wifi/Network Settings Glitches

1. Wifi/Network Settings Glitches - Similar Threads - Wifi Network Settings

2. Windows Wifi and Settings are glitching out and I can't swap networks or swap settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Wifi and Settings are glitching out and I can't swap networks or swap settings: I have a Hp Pavillion Gaming laptop. 64bit and it was working fine until today, whenever I open up the wifi drop down, it won't let me change networks and the first network keeps flashing with the tab box around it. the same thing with settings, whenever I go to settings and...
  3. Network (wifi) settings won't stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network (wifi) settings won't stick: Network settings randomly flip. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Linksys Velop WHW0303 wifi VPN ASUS (Broadcom) 802.11ac network adapter All drivers, firmware, and software seems to be up-to-date. Network settings randomly flip: The first...
  4. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  5. Wifi not available in network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not available in network settings: It only shows Airplane Mode, so I troubleshoot wifi-2.. restart and it worked.. but now after 10-15 mins it automatically disconnects and again wifi is not seeable submitted by /u/Curse3242 [link] [comments]...
  6. Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet: Hello folks! I am having trouble in setting up my home network vs. my internet connection via WiFi. I have two PCs which I connected directly with a twisted pair LAN cable. Both PCs are also connected to my modem/wifi router via wifi antennas. My appartment is not suitable...
  7. Wifi settings vanished following network reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi settings vanished following network reset: I've been having some trouble lately connecting to my home wifi network from a Lenovo m720. The wifi network is fully functional and other devices can connect properly. I presumed there were some driver issues but reinstalled/updated to no avail. Then, seeing a convenient...
  8. No network adapter or WiFi option in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No network adapter or WiFi option in settings: I cant connect to the Internet with my fresh install on Windows 10,i installed it from a USB stick. There is no network adapter in device manager, when I troubleshoot it just says to insert SIM card its a 2 in 1 laptop. I don't have the option to connect to ether net and I...
  9. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  10. No wifi option available in network settings or network menu

No wifi option available in network settings or network menu: I cannot find an option for connecting to wifi in my network and internet options. I have seen this question posted before and have tried everything said in those. I have tried updating my drivers from device manager but there is no wifi adapted in the options. I have even...