Windows 10: Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Quick stats: Windows 10 Home, with all Windows updates installed. Running it on Bootcamp on a new Macbook Air, but I've been doing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home

Hi all,

Quick stats:

Windows 10 Home, with all Windows updates installed. Running it on Bootcamp on a new Macbook Air, but I've been doing that on my old Macbook Air since Windows 10 was released and never encountered this problem.

Long story short:

- Computer won't remember/auto log into any WiFi networks after restart
    - When I click 'Manage Known Networks' in the Settings app, nothing appears (screenshot attached)
    - When I click Properties on a network I am connected to, no options appear (screenshot attached)
    - Computer has great problems finding and connecting to mobile hotspots (works maybe 1 out of 5 times - never experienced this before)

Things I have tried:

- Resetting wireless adaptor
    - Uninstalling network adaptor, rebooting, and scanning for changes so driver is re-installed (Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adaptor)
    - Running System File Checker (no effect), running CHKDSK (no errors found)

I'm really at a loss as to what to do from here. Any advice would be great - it's not so bad when I'm at home (just typing in my own password is easy to remember), but it's a real pain when traveling/trying to connect to mobile hotspots.

Greatly appreciate any advice - thanks for reading!

Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home [​IMG]

Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home [​IMG]

:)

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 28, 2017
  2. LWorrilow Win User

Change Network from Public to Private

I loaded Windows 10 the other day on my laptop and now my home WiFi shows that it's a Public Network and I have to reconnect every time. Is there a way to change this to my Home Network and have it auto connect? I've searched and can't find how to change
    this.

LWorrilow, Aug 28, 2017
  3. How can I prevent Windows Phone 7 from connecting to unsecured WiFi

It's not user error. It's a design error.

If you click, even accidentally, on an unsecured network in the WiFi settings it will connect straight away to it. Because of the touch screen you will sometimes click on something without being aware of it, sometimes without even touching the screen. It
    will then remember that network until you delete it by pressing and holding the name. There is no list of which networks are setup for auto-connection and no way of setting any preference.

This is very annoying as at home I use my own WiFi. When I am in town I might use, say, BT Openzone. But everytime I return home it defaults to Openzone rather than my home network. I then have to manually delete the Openzone connection and of course
    manually connect to it next time I am in town.

This is made worse by the fact that WP7 doesn't fail-over to the mobile network if the WiFi network isn't working; it just fails. So if you get home tired and forget to delete the other network you were using in town you won't get any emails. It then
    generates the random error code in this thread so you've got no idea what you've done wrong (unless you Google it and even then it took me ages). It's made worse by the fact the the home screen doesn't tell you what you connected to. If only MS could have
    tested/finished this phone before releasing it. Ahhhhhhh!

GeorgeBathurst, Aug 28, 2017
  4. Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home

Please help, I am slowly dying of frustration

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 29, 2017
  5. Losing will to live. Somebody, please - death is coming swiftly

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 31, 2017
  6. Sorry to bump again, but this is about the only place on the internet people know Windows 10 well enough to help me - I've tried calling Microsoft and their only solution is 'reinstall the OS', but it's a huge pain for something where there's no guarantee it'll work

GreyWasMyFriend, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home

1. Wifi Networks Not Being Remembered/Auto Connected - Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Wifi Networks Being

2. Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi will connect to a local public network but not to my home network.: My PC will connect to a local public network but not my home network, all my other devices will connect to my home network without issue. I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix the problem, I have reset my home network multiple times, I have reset and updated...
  3. Windows 10 does not auto connect to home wifi network after manually disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 does not auto connect to home wifi network after manually disconnecting it: This is my corporate/work laptop that I have limited access to. This problem occurred to me on my previous laptop as well. When I received this newly image laptop I noticed that it would auto connect to wifi with no issue. I use a USB dock at home with a wired connection most...
  4. Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi

Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi: WiFi doesn't auto-connect upon boot or reboot. Facts: HP laptop, Connect Automatically is checked, Manually clicking Connect works properly, My ISP-provided SSID is always top of the list and the strongest signal. WiFi disconnects from time to time for no...
  5. Windows 10 on WIFI home network

Windows 10 on WIFI home network: setting up computer file access between multiple computers on home WIFI network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-wifi-home-network/a85e2394-e2ea-4c37-bcb9-bf444bb8c463
  6. Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity

Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity: Hi, I run 2 P.C.'s and 1 Laptop on my home network. Since a couple of Win 10 upgrades ago my Home Sharing has stopped working. I've tried to access allowable files in the Documents Folder on my other machines, but my Network Folder, in the left hand Folder List Pane in...
  7. Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

Wifi auto connect to random useless network.: I'm struggling with a network that keeps kicking me out of the one I'm connected to and connecting itself to it. The network is not in my list and continuously get connected to it even though it doesn't provide internet. I'm having to connect to my own wifi every 5 minutes...
  8. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...
  9. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...
  10. Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network: I use the router TL-MR3420 setting the hidden wifi network network address: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 + Windows 7 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK + Windows 10 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK But I change the network address : network...