Windows 10: WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray

Discus and support WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 via windows updater tool (available on microsoft's official website). I'm using an external adapter i.e. TP-LINK-WN722N... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hamzamalik, Aug 2, 2015.

1. WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray

I just upgraded to windows 10 via windows updater tool (available on microsoft's official website).
    I'm using an external adapter i.e. TP-LINK-WN722N to connect to the wifi network because apparently, the router is located far off from where I use my laptop. The problem is that when I'm connected to the network through the external adapter, nothing shows up in the network tray. It can be clearly seen in the snapshot that although I'm connected to a network but NO available networks are showing up in the wifi network tray. I have to go to the NETWORK SETTINGS each time I need to look up for the available networks. I have tried reinstalling the adapter's drivers to no avail. However, this isn't the case with the built-in wifi adapter. It works absolutely fine (meaning that available networks show up with that one ON).

Could someone please help me solve this?

:)

hamzamalik, Aug 2, 2015
  2. LarryHaff Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise - Where is the 'Manage Wireless Networks' option

I know I'm late to the party, and maybe Microsoft has fixed this with an update, but in my Win10 Home edition if I click on the wireless icon in the tray, then Network Settings, then under WiFi there are links to Show Available Networks and Manage Known
    Networks.

LarryHaff, Aug 2, 2015
  3. windows 10 won't show available wifi networks

Hello,

Issue I am having is that I can see the wifi icon in the system tray with asterisk indicating available networks. However, left-clicking on the icon does not bring up the available networks list. Right clicking only gives option to troubleshoot or open network/sharing
    center. Troubleshooting indicates no problems, and in network/sharing any link to connect to a network do not work. Going into change wifi settings same thing, I can turn wifi off/on however clicking on "show available networks", nothing happens (doesn't open
    the available networks box).

Is driver rollback still the recommended course of action?

NathanBWatkins, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray

1. WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray - Similar Threads - WIFI Networks showing

2. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  3. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  4. WIFI network not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  5. WIFI network not showing up

WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  6. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?: My home wifi network does not show up anymore on one of several devices in my home. I can see my neighbors' networks both 5 and 2.4 connections and can even see and connect to my phone hotspot, but my wifi is no longer listed, even though it shows up as normal on all other...
  7. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?: My home wifi network does not show up anymore on one of several devices in my home. I can see my neighbors' networks both 5 and 2.4 connections and can even see and connect to my phone hotspot, but my wifi is no longer listed, even though it shows up as normal on all other...
  8. No wifi networks show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi networks show up: I don’t know much about computer software. I’ve been really confused lately with my pc. I fiddled around with some settings and I think I messed it up pretty bad. What do I do? submitted by /u/GoldenBlob [link] [comments]...
  9. No WiFi networks showing up

No WiFi networks showing up: I turned a bunch of things in services.msc from automatic to manual so my computer would run better and now no networks are showing up and I cant follow other tutorials on how to fix because they require you to download stuff and I cant download stuff without internet and I...
  10. WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi networks not showing up: On version 1903 I’m having an issue where if I turn off my WiFi (or out it on airplane mode) and turn the option back on it won’t find any WiFi networks. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but it’s so damn infuriating. submitted by /u/mariofan426 [link]...