Windows 10: Wifi not showing connected, but here I am

Discus and support Wifi not showing connected, but here I am in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my computer started acting funky a few weeks/months ago and I did a fresh install of Win10 on my PC. After the install, my Wifi Icon is showing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexSpradling, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Wifi not showing connected, but here I am

So my computer started acting funky a few weeks/months ago and I did a fresh install of Win10 on my PC. After the install, my Wifi Icon is showing that I'm not connected to the internet. I've run the troubleshooter and did the Network Reset a dozen times now. For the most part it's a non-issue, however, because of this I am unable to activate Windows, which means I can't access the Microsoft Store nor can I download any updates. I just get a series of error codes.

I've had several IT buddies try to help, one even took over my computer to see what he could do. All were left baffled. I tried to get through to support, but the scheduler app on here tells me I'm not connected to the internet and it can't do anything. If anyone on the Windows team reads this, please reach out to me.

Thanks,

Alex

P.S. Screenshots of some stuff below

Wifi not showing connected, but here I am dbce6d05-98bf-4ec7-87ec-423b026bd4a7?upload=true.jpg Wifi not showing connected, but here I am 99244b2b-053d-48fa-8c16-c0f4e0b510df?upload=true.jpg Wifi not showing connected, but here I am 607faec0-d17d-4eb0-b44a-17fbb1617dae?upload=true.jpg Wifi not showing connected, but here I am cf2e7540-2c67-4801-a1a6-e8430750a80e?upload=true.jpg Wifi not showing connected, but here I am eaa7c0ab-84e1-4f30-924d-aab595bb7a9d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlexSpradling, Jul 26, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 26, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Wifi not showing connected, but here I am

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Wifi not showing connected, but here I am

1. Wifi not showing connected, but here I am - Similar Threads - Wifi showing connected

2. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  3. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  4. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  6. I am new here

in Windows 10 Support
    I am new here: Hello guys I am new to this website. If you want to check out my website check here. 169123
  7. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...
  8. i am unble to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i am unble to connect to wifi: my laptop network adapter is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unble-to-connect-to-wifi/4e37ef1b-158c-49d5-9cec-35403de56904
  9. Not showing WiFi connection

Not showing WiFi connection: I am using hp laptop with windows 10 .The laptop can't get identify any WiFi networks.But it can connect through ethernet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-wifi-connection/d0653e48-49f9-433d-8611-a3bac0c4823b
  10. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.: My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet. Furthermore, it shows a normal wi-fi connected symbol at the Windows 10 log-in page, but when I log-in, the problem above occurs. I can use the...