WiFI not staying on

Discus and support WiFI not staying on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Madness10, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Madness10 Win User

I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I took it off to test the wifi, the wifi is turned off. I turned the wifi on, but it still shows the connection is still off. No matter what I do, the wifi will not stay on. Is this a common problem wit the 1803?

:)

Madness10, Jun 13, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

[​IMG]

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

3. zcarlow Win User
  4. NTM2003 Win User

WiFI not staying on

Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

Thema:

WiFI not staying on

WiFI not staying on - Similar Threads - WiFI staying

1. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..: Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device discovery? Im at a loss, my main pc can see my backup, and share to it. My backup cannot see the main pc with modern sharing however....
  2. Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?

Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?: So i have an affinity for learning things the hard way. I kept trying to enable projecting to this pc anywhere on secure networks and every time i did in the past, it seems to pick up my neighbors pc. In the past I had a restore ready to rollback and get rid of it. (it...
  3. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update: Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving. The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at the available other networks, it is not there. It would appear again after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens a few...
  4. Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot: Since I updated Windows to April 2018 version 1803, an annoying behavior started happening. Whenever Windows start, instead of instantly auto connecting to my home wireless network, it takes 65 to 70 seconds to do so. There is no error message, the wifi adapter is instantly...
  5. How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?

How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?: Thanks but still have the same problem.
  6. WiFi - making adapter & available network preferences stay as selected

WiFi - making adapter & available network preferences stay as selected: Living in the Victorian terraced suburbs of one of the most densely populated university cities in the UK, there are loads of different WiFi networks in my area. My house is constructed so that I need to have my router at the front, and another router to serve the back of my...
  7. Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I have tried numerous fixes to get it to stay connected but it just doesn't seem to work. I have done all the well documented fixes including registry edits, changing the power management settings on my network device and it just...
WiFI not staying on solved