Windows 10: wifi not working after recent windows update

Discus and support wifi not working after recent windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi stopped working after recent update, namely the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 device has a yellow exclamation mark and is not working. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chkez, Jul 22, 2018.

1. chkez Win User

wifi not working after recent windows update

Wifi stopped working after recent update, namely the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 device has a yellow exclamation mark and is not working.

My computed does not see any wifi connections, like it's not supposed to be even capable of connecting to internet via any this method.

I have tried uninstalling it, problem still persists even after it automatically reinstalls after the reboot.

I can comfortably say that issues started with the latest update, never had any similar problems before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

chkez, Jul 22, 2018

2. First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly

Thanks for sending the link. I have gone to every single step that is stated on the website, but nothing has changed. I am now on the most recent version of Windows by manually updating, but still the WiFi symbol appears after only two minutes (so strange!) and Windows Update still does not work.

sybeandringa, Jul 22, 2018
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jul 22, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. wifi not working after recent windows update - Similar Threads - wifi working recent

2. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  3. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  4. Microphone is not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not working after recent update: I am running Windows 10 version 1909 64-bit on an ASUS TP501UA. I believe my audio driver used to be Realtek or possibly Synaptics. After a recent update, my computer downloaded a driver from Conexant which seems to have taken over for my audio. This problem started at the...
  5. Microphone not working after recently updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after recently updating: Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the drivers for both my headphones and the microphone on the laptop itself which i have been using with no issues until today and...
  6. No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update: Dear Microsoft Community, I have been experiencing some issue with the recent Windows Updates for Windows 10. I believe you are already aware, WIFI indicator frequently shows No Internet Access and application frequently disconnect. Especially MS Teams. I have tried...
  7. Ethernet connection not working but wifi is after recent windows 10 update

Ethernet connection not working but wifi is after recent windows 10 update: I'm need some help, recently did series of updates and when I shut the computer down and powered back on it finalized the updates and I could not connect to my internet through ethernet. So I then turned on wifi and everything works, all other ethernet devices are working,...
  8. Windows hello not working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello not working after the recent update: Windows hello can't acces the webcam all other apps can and the webcam is working properly. This happened after i installed the recent update. Any solutions ? I have an hp spectre x360 laptop submitted by /u/Sanchit112 [link] [comments]...
  9. WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update

WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update: Hey, so, to keep it short, I run a 120mbps downstream, and 40 or so upstream And my windows force restarted last night, forcing me to update to the newest version, and ever since it restarted, it hasn't been able to get above a 25mbps downstream Does anybody know what the...
  10. network and wifi drivers not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    network and wifi drivers not working after recent update: network and wifi drivers not working after recent update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/network-and-wifi-drivers-not-working-after-recent/bf734ad9-c56a-427a-8ef8-58eb3f3ecdb3