Windows 10: WiFi not working and device manager

Discus and support WiFi not working and device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, gone to use PC today and wifi is not working saying no connections available, when running troubleshooting it says an error occurred and could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheSargents, Jul 27, 2018.

1. WiFi not working and device manager

hi, gone to use PC today and wifi is not working saying no connections available, when running troubleshooting it says an error occurred and could not run. Tried to run Device Manager to check and am getting message that an administrator has blocked me from running the app but i am the administrator!!! This is on Windows 10. Any suggestions please?

:)

TheSargents, Jul 27, 2018

2. Wifi/Device Manager/Settings/Control Panel Stop Working Until reboot

hTG08IZ1g9k

So, this happens about every twenty minutes while using my PC, I can leave it alone for hours and come back and it will be fine then happen soon after.

The system apps like device manager/Settings/Control panel stop working and have problems and I cannot connect to the wifi.

checklist of things I've tried/know
    • Wifi adapter is on max performance
    • SFC, no problems
    • Drives are healthy
    • Activated windows
    • Multiple scans with Mbam
    • WIFI is working on my other laptops

Jcorella17, Jul 27, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

WiFi not working and device manager

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

WiFi not working and device manager

1. WiFi not working and device manager - Similar Threads - WiFi working device

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no record of wifi in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no record of wifi in device manager: Hello, I lost the wi-fi, totally, nothing in device manage, nothing that I can find anywhere in device manager. Worked fine till last week and in the evening I had no connections so I waited till the next day thinking it could be a telstra issue but my other gear is ok., I...
  6. no record of wifi in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no record of wifi in device manager: Hello, I lost the wi-fi, totally, nothing in device manage, nothing that I can find anywhere in device manager. Worked fine till last week and in the evening I had no connections so I waited till the next day thinking it could be a telstra issue but my other gear is ok., I...
  7. Device manager not working

Device manager not working: Device manager not responding. While opening it the following error message comes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-not-working/b41e8f92-9bf9-4ba1-9f2f-344916d6d393
  8. Device Manager Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Not Working: In the beginning, i can't take a screenshot when i pressed 'PrtSc' button. So i got suggestion to update my keyboard driver from Device Manager. When i updated the drive, it's immediately say my driver is in the latest version. But the screenshot still not working. And then i...
  9. Device Manager not finding wifi card

Device Manager not finding wifi card: I was trying to uninstall and reinstall a tp link wifi card from device manager and I followed the steps of uninstalling it and then proceeded to turn off my computer. When I rebooted, my wifi card wasn't showing up in network adapters. I have tried multiple things such as...
  10. No Wifi showing in device manager

No Wifi showing in device manager: Hi, I have a major issue with my laptop at the moment. Their is no wifi capabilities in my laptop anymore, they have just disappeared. Iv'e gone through all the normal fixes, and nothing has worked whatsoever. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.[IMG]...