Windows 10: Wifi not working for more than 2 mins

Discus and support Wifi not working for more than 2 mins in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have hp pavilion g6-1365ea laptop with OS: Windows 10 pro. I am fed up with ra-link 5930 built in adapter as wifi connection doesn't last more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tequileeds, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Wifi not working for more than 2 mins

Hi, I have hp pavilion g6-1365ea laptop with OS: Windows 10 pro. I am fed up with ra-link 5930 built in adapter as wifi connection doesn't last more than 2-3 mins. M not sure if this is adapter issue or PC heat up issue..as it connects wifi when PC is cool..it gets heated up quickly resulting into wifi loss..however m able to connect via serial port(wired connection)
    I planning to purchase external usb wifi adapter. Can any body pls tell me if this can work with my laptop ?
    Thanks,

:)

tequileeds, Dec 25, 2016
  2. rayanmx Win User

Problems tethering for more than 10 mins. under Vista and E71

Exactly, now I have a Samsung Jack just for when I need to tether from my Vista laptop. Wifi not working for more than 2 mins :(

This sucks...

However, I noticed that it's a Vista thing, since on my other laptop with XP, it does not fail at all.

I guess it's got something to do with the IPV4 version Vista is now using. They changed things a bit.

Why I think it's a Vista IPV4 problem?

I noticed that once connected on Vista, if you run an IPCONFIG command, you will only get 0.0.0.0 as Default Gateway which I think it's wrong. However under XP, you get a valid Default Gateway.

Unfortunately, there's no way to manually assign a Gateway under Vista Home Pro. which could have fixed things. Wifi not working for more than 2 mins :(

Darn it.

rayanmx, Dec 25, 2016
  3. rayanmx Win User
    Problems tethering for more than 10 mins. under Vista and E71

Hello everyone,

I've been having problems tethering my laptops and my E71. It does connect through USB and Bluetooth (I even tried WiFi through JoikuSpot) but after a few minutes (10 to 15 mins on average) it disconnects from the Internet but the connections stays as Local
    only. Sometimes it disconnects even after just a couple of minutes.

I noticed that no matter how I connect I never get a Gateway address, not even for the few minutes I connected successfully (yes weird).

I have tried several PC Suite versions and also even tried uninstalling PC Suite altogether and just use the Nokia PC Internet Access method with no good results.

I just connected through USB to a Windows XP machine and it's been a bit more than an hour without disconnects.

Also if I try to use my 3G SIM Card on my Windows Mobile devices it tethers just fine under Vista.

Any ideas?

Please help!!!

Cheers!

rayanmx, Dec 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Wifi not working for more than 2 mins

Yes USB adapters will work with any desktop or laptop.

bro67, Dec 25, 2016
  5. Sure, no problem it will work but it is more interesting why the build in solution works so weird !?

JordanMihailov, Dec 25, 2016
  6. Thank you guys..built in was working properly in Windows 7 (initially came with laptop), problem started when I upgraded to Windows 8..did lots of things like netsh, driver upgrade, rollback driver, win10 ralink wifi lan supporter, static IP address and dns..it works for 2-3 mins then either limited access or no internet, secured error *Sad

tequileeds, Dec 25, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Do exactly as you are intending to do. Also it could just be an issue with the Access Point not having a strong enough signal for the distance from it, or just a junk chipset in the Gateway/Access Point.

bro67, Dec 26, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

If it worked with 7, but not with 8 or 10. That is because the drivers that are being used for 8 & 10 are the problem. You can get the Rosewill USB adapters. They are less than their counterparts, but still a good adapter.

bro67, Dec 26, 2016
  9. Thank you bro..m planning to go for tp-link..not sure how it is..tp-link high gain 300mbps..any review on that?

tequileeds, Dec 26, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    You can check Newegg and amazon for reviews. Just take with a grain of salt.

bro67, Dec 27, 2016
  11. You could also go with tenda. I use one and for the cheap price its quite good.

JordanMihailov, Dec 27, 2016
  12. Have purchased tp-link high gain 300mbps USB adapter with 3 yr warranty..it's super cool..working perfectly after disabling internal wifi adapter *Smile now no more dependencies of using serial port..thank you hua for your all help..happy new year 2017!!!

tequileeds, Dec 30, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Glad to hear. Get a 1 foot USB extension cable and use Velcro to allow you to attach the adapter to the top of your laptop if you run into an issue that you start seeing signal problems. I use inSSIDer to check for channel interference when I have friends and inlaws complaining about signal problems. First thing I do is check channel 1 & 6. I usually set to channel 3 and watch how things go. It splits between Channels 1 & 6 for their overlap, so you usually get a better signal quality.

bro67, Dec 31, 2016
  14. Thanks bro..m not that much technical but can understand channels which is by default auto..I will search for velcro in Google as this is a new term for me..i believe this setting which u told me must be for using both external and internal wifi adapter As per the need..Happy new year *Smile

tequileeds, Dec 31, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Velco = Hook and Loop.

bro67, Jan 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Wifi not working for more than 2 mins - Similar Threads - Wifi working more

2. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  3. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  4. I think there should be more than 2 options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think there should be more than 2 options: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheWindowsPro98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/litady/i_think_there_should_be_more_than_2_options/
  5. More than 2 gpu not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than 2 gpu not recognized: Hi, I have a x570ud gigabyte motherboard, 8gb ram and ryzen 5, with a 256gb nvme. I bought this config, so that I could also use it for mining too, I have 2 3060ti and a 3070, I am trying to run one of the 3060 ti gpu through riser through pcie1x for mining, while the other...
  6. WIN10 Boot time more than 2 mins & No Windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 Boot time more than 2 mins & No Windows logo: Hi Guys, I bought a new Lenovo L340 ideaPad 1TB HDD, 8GB Ram, i5 Gen 9, 4gb NVIDIA graphics card. The boot time for this laptop takes more than 2mins and the weird thing is after the Lenovo logo for few seconds, I am seeing black screen instead of Windows logo. No GUI...
  7. Slow Boot more than 4 min.

Slow Boot more than 4 min.: Hi, Slowness occurs after loading the BIOS and before the User screen. There is also a Google Drive link with a MEMORY dump file, if necessary. MEMORY.DMP Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.836 thank you 157545
  8. Tablet Mode with More Than 2 Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode with More Than 2 Windows?: I saw a youtube video of someone using tablet mode to split tho screen 3 into three windows running vertically. When I try to do what they did (with the screen already split two ways, and starting a new one) I don't have the option to place the third window in between the...
  9. BSOD - when idle for more than 20 mins (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

BSOD - when idle for more than 20 mins (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR): Hello guys, This is my first thread here, cause I'm facing a problem for a long time and now I find it unbearable. I tried all the things I knew about computers. Maybe here you will help me to find a solution or at least an opinion. My HP 450 G5 laptop is having BSOD every...
  10. Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime: Windows 10 boot time is taking more than 30 mins,also after the boot is done the application's are not working as quick as expected and i get an error like " Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end...