Windows 10: Wifi not working in latest build?

Discus and support Wifi not working in latest build? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed a few comments that people were having trouble with wifi working in 14279. I just upgraded a computer to the latest, with wifi working on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mystere, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Mystere Win User

Wifi not working in latest build?

I noticed a few comments that people were having trouble with wifi working in 14279. I just upgraded a computer to the latest, with wifi working on the previous build. What I found was that for some reason "Bridging" mode was enabled on the wifi adapter.

I tried to remove the bridge, by right clicking and choosing remove bridge, but it gave an error. So, I went into device manager, and deleted the wifi driver and then rescanned for it to re-detect and when it was re-installed, wifi was working fine.

Just an FYI if you find you have this issue.

:)

Mystere, Mar 12, 2016

2. Wifi not working in Windows 10 latest upgrade

My Dell XPS laptop with Windows 10 ver 1607 build 14393.321 facing a new problem regarding wifi. It's showing wifi connected with Internet but can't access any page. Sometimes the speed coming for a few hours then no speed again. I use 2mbps plan in my
    Internet which was pretty fast. But for last 10 -15 days I didn't find any solution. The same connection in my android device working as well but not every time. Android also failing speed like windows. Sometimes. My ISP BSNL tried changing adopter settings
    manually with specific ip address, DNS server, etc. But the problem not solved. So again I changed it like before in TCP/IPv4 properties -Obtain ip address automatically. It's also not working on Win 10. Never faced such problems before. Pls help.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Wifi not working in Windows 10 latest upgrade

Hi Santanu,

There are many reasons behind this issue however, since your Android phone is experiencing the same issue, this may be due to internet traffic. We suggest you reset your router and check if this resolves the problem for your Android phone as well. If problem
    still persist we suggest you contact your Internet provider and report the issue regarding slow internet connection.

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Thanks for sharing this Mystere

5. Word Man Win User
    @davidhk - note above, sounds like why you mentioned rolling 14279 back to 14271. May be a help, i.e., (I know as you said) on next build, if you don't want 14279, if problem recurs.

Word Man, Mar 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Where is the wifi driver in device manager ?

Wifi not working in latest build? [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

This one ?

Wifi not working in latest build? [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Yes, that looks like the one.

Mystere, Mar 13, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

I'll keep that in mind.
    No desire to install 14279. I do have its iso on hand.
    Will wait for next new build.

By the way, It is apparent Slow ring has been flushed down the drain and so did the iso release.
    Just wonder why and MS just said nothing as if Slow ring never existed.
    The fact that new builds are released quicker than before is not an excuse. Many still prefer to have an iso to download. Not everyone is well versed enough to convert Install.esd to iso. While Insider Preview builds are meant for users who know a thing or 2 about Windows, there are a lot of "novice" users willing to get their hands dirty.

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    No. Reinstalled 14279. No WiFi.
    First, I disabled the wireless card > then enabled. No go.
    Then, I uninstalled it > then check for hardware change > wireless card reinstalled > No Connection.

I did the same with Ethernet. Forget about it.

Back to 14271 and feeling a little hot under the collar !

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi not working in latest build? - Similar Threads - Wifi working latest

2. Windows 11 latest build's spotlight not working !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 latest build's spotlight not working !: Hello windows spotlight is working on lockscreen but not on desktop. i am on the latest build of windows 11. i only see the default windows 11 wallpaper despite activating spotlight, have tried the troubleshooting found on the web but in vain. can someone help me please?...
  3. Windows 11 latest build's spotlight not working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 latest build's spotlight not working !: Hello windows spotlight is working on lockscreen but not on desktop. i am on the latest build of windows 11. i only see the default windows 11 wallpaper despite activating spotlight, have tried the troubleshooting found on the web but in vain. can someone help me please?...
  4. Latest windows 10 Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 Build: 12-17-2020 my computer did a download of Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build andSCREWED MY COMPUTER UP. BEWARE!!!!!! It has taken me most of TODAY to finally get my system to go back to the last build 1909.WHY?? Because the download had me running so...
  5. Small problems with latest build

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problems with latest build: Welcome Just reinstalled win 10 with last build to have fresh system. Sad I connect wifi and got a bit refreshed old one back I learned before that windows screw always two my drivers; o2micro and qualcom snapdragon so make backup:) As usually win must be more clever than me...
  6. Latest build problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest build problems: I have been having some issues that I wanted to share about the latest build to help possible get some insight into what's happening. So I'll start off by saying my PC isnt the best but it is fair, and I know the GPU and CPU are not a problem as they performed well on...
  7. Latest build Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Latest build Edge Dev: We’ve updated you to the latest build. This is Microsoft Edge Dev Build 75.0.131.0 Welcome back! 131153
  8. Latest Win10 build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 build?: I am not a MS "insider" and have just received the below update. Is this the latest version? [img] 40351
  9. does WinMail work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not?

in Browsers and Email
    does WinMail work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not?: in the past, i was able to install WinMail on windows 10. lately, it does not work anymore my Q : does it still work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not if it does work, plse post the procedure to get it working 92205
  10. Latest build mentions Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Latest build mentions Cortana: Just an interesting tidbit *Wink 10.0.9897.0.fbl_cortana.141124-1924 BuildFeed: The Windows build tracker 3091