Windows 10: WiFi not working of 1st boot

Discus and support WiFi not working of 1st boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have quite a few questions, but I will start with this one: When I boot up I cannot get connected to my WiFi. The only way to get it to work is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by megabyte, Oct 17, 2015.

1. megabyte Win User

WiFi not working of 1st boot

I have quite a few questions, but I will start with this one:

When I boot up I cannot get connected to my WiFi. The only way to get it to work is to shutdown and boot up again, then all is well.

I never had this problem until Win 10 upgrade. Any ideas?

:)

megabyte, Oct 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 1st time boot up not working

Download Windows 10 from a working computer and create a bootable copy.

Boot from the Windows 10 DVD

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

a) At the Install Now screen

b) Click Repair your computer

c) Click Advanced Options

d) Click Troubleshoot

e) Click Startup repair

f) Follow the on screen instructions

See if this helps

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 1st time boot up not working

Hello microsoft today i will be explaining my problem that has been happining for 2 months so what happend was i was upgrading my labtop from windows 7 to windows 10 and while i was in the boot up the laptop told me this "Recovery - your pc/device needs
    to be repaired, the operating system couldin't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors" it also says that the error code is 0xc000000f i tryied searching this error code up but i didnt get any of it it also says the recovery
    tool is required and i tried my usb flash drive to use a installation media but the same page loaded up and it says 3 things

- Press enter to try again

- Press f8 for startup settings

- Press f9 to use a different operating system

i pressed all of them but it took me back to that same page and now im stuck in a type of glitch/loop

Please help me out this is a on going process and i need this labtop for school reasons Thanks for Reading

JermaineMartindale, Oct 17, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi .... Have you try uninstalling the wifi adapter driver and re installing with the latest version ?

sn00ker, Oct 17, 2015
  5. megabyte Win User
    I was worried about uninstalling and reinstalling if I could not get a connection. I did try an Intel search with their software and nothing new was there. I am not great at techy things.

Turns out that the solution for my other post: Win 10 changed my user name (Mail issue?) cured the problem. At least for now.

Thanks for your help!

megabyte, Oct 17, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Glad to hear and good for you

sn00ker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi not working of 1st boot - Similar Threads - WiFi working 1st

2. Microsoft Money stopped working 1st October 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Money stopped working 1st October 2022: Hi,I have used Microsoft Money for over 25 years and most recently the Deluxe Sunset edition on Windows 10. It's been fantastically useful and I am aware that I am using very old, unsupported software which I use with considerable gratitude to Microsoft for making a sunset...
  3. selecting 1st boot in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    selecting 1st boot in bios: Hi guys, I have just successfully cloned my laptop hhd to ssd with Macrium , which advises that to boot from the ssd requires making the nessessary selection in the bios. I have opened the bios which is recognising the ssd and in the boot column I have the new drive as no 1,...
  4. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

in Windows 10 Support
    1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?): Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for -- -- a strange booting...
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working: It appears that the latest all black Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - has a firmware issue and only after a few minutes it goes to sleep, the first keystroke wakes the power save feature embedded - which means that first keystroke does not appear on screen. Rendering this...
  6. wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely: wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely . how to use both fast boot and wifi ? i reinstalled the driver but nothing happen [ATTACH]...
  7. What to upgrade 1st?

What to upgrade 1st?: I have just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E570 and want to upgrade. It has a 500g HDD and 4 g memory, so what to upgrade 1st, HDD to SSD or memory. I also intend to install an M.2 SSD for Fedora, but that's later. 124605
  8. After install, 1st boot always fails, retry succeeds

After install, 1st boot always fails, retry succeeds: I recently purchased a Dell Latitude E6430, which is exhibiting a rather odd problem. I removed the included 5400RPM 500GB hard drive and replaced it with an SSD. The first Windows 10 installation attempt failed with a message to the effect that there were no bootable...
  9. Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops: I recently bought a new pc that came with windows 10 and has a pcie wifi card. The wifi was working fine until earlier today, when it started throwing an error about missing network protocols. The annoying thing about this is that it'll work fine for a couple of minutes after...
  10. PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have the problem of only booting into Windows at the 2nd attempt. My system is home built, the boot drive being a Samsung 850 EVO series m.2 SSD. Win 10 was installed via USB, the ssd being the only installed drive. Installation was very...