Windows 10: WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

Discus and support WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue. Here's the background information:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kalabp62, Jan 2, 2016.

1. kalabp62 Win User

WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue.

Here's the background information:
    I have a Dell Vostro 3750 notebook which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 using a Windows 10 "1511" build DVD. The upgrade was successful and I only had to reinstall one application. Since I have a network-attached disk, I use an Asus USB AC56 adapter connected to one of my USB3 ports for my WiFi instead of the built-in WiFi. This notebook is also used by other members of my family so I have a local administrator account and local standard user accounts for daily use. The WiFi is connecting to a Netgear R7000 router on the 5 GHz band (802.11ac).

Now the issue:
    What often happens when the machine is booted, rebooted, or wakes from sleep is that the WiFi is enabled but the network shows "No Internet". All I have to do to get the Internet back is to unplug the WiFi adapter from the USB3 port and plug it back in, or go into the WiFi app to disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi network.

I have tried the following:
    1) installed the latest USB AC56 drivers from the Asus website
    2) edited the WiFi adapter properties to prevent Windows from turning off the device to conserve power.
    3) tried using a different USB3 port (I believe the 2 USB3 ports are connected to different controllers).

There is no VPN software installed, but I do have VMWare Player 12.1 installed.

This isn't a huge issue since it is easy enough to get Internet access back, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue where WiFi is enabled but will not connect to the Internet. This was not an issue with Windows 7.

Thanks

:)

kalabp62, Jan 2, 2016

2. WiFi connected but no internet access after a few minutes

I have a Lumia 520 for more than 1 years.

Since yesterday i have problem with WiFi at home (of course i didn't try to access to another WiFi). also i try to delete home WiFi and reconnecting for several times but not helping.

I can connect to WiFi and after that i have access, everything seems OK. but after
    1 minutes maybe a little more (I don't know exactly), all apps and all browser cant to access to the internet.

Pedram Asshabi, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Connected to wifi but no internet access after upgrading my lumia 640xl dual sim to w10

It's letter B Abi99

ArnoldMendoza04323, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

1. WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade? - Similar Threads - WiFi internet access

2. Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured": When you experiece this problem "No internet , secured" showing after you connected to a WiFi or Hotspot network outside your office, run through the below steps to make sure your IP and DNS assignments are enabled for DHCP and NOT Static. 1. Right click on the network...
  3. Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi: Ive been having this issue on my windows 10 laptop latey where my laptop will be connected to the wifi but I wont have any internet connection. When running the diagnostic I get the issue that “the computer was manually disconnected from...”. I’ve tried several different...
  4. "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004: I have a company laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 and now have "No Internet Access." I have found several resolutions but each requires admin permissions. Modify registry, modify hosts. file, revert to prior version each requires admin permissions. I...
  5. WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Sometimes you connect to WiFi but you don’t have access to the internet. Your WiFi is available but a yellow triangular symbol appears on your […] This article WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update

No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update: Dear Microsoft Community, I have been experiencing some issue with the recent Windows Updates for Windows 10. I believe you are already aware, WIFI indicator frequently shows No Internet Access and application frequently disconnect. Especially MS Teams. I have tried...
  7. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215
  8. No internet access on my wifi

No internet access on my wifi: My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi. Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow...
  9. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10: I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web...
  10. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.: Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent...