Windows 10: wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10

Discus and support wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After working normally for months, suddenly my Thinkpad X1 Yoga’s wifi stopped seeing my local router or 6 other connections. Normal troubleshooting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drpauljameswhitedrpauljam, Aug 17, 2018.

1. wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10

After working normally for months, suddenly my Thinkpad X1 Yoga’s wifi stopped seeing my local router or 6 other connections. Normal troubleshooting, rebooting router etc, didn’t work. Device manager showed latest driver and Intel dual band ac 8265 driver 20.50.1.1 working properly, uninstalled anyway and reinstall, no change.

I read about people having conficts with airplane mode. I turned on airplane mode and opened up wifi within that mode. Both WF and AP boxes lit up and wifi connected to my normal home router.

If I turn off AP box the Wifi shuts down with no connections, turn on again and still no connections. If I turn off the Wifi box, wifi shuts down. I then have to turn AP back on, then go through network and connections to turn on wifi again, and it connects to my local router.

This suggests a software problem? Any suggestions?

Microsoft, I see, has been asked about this problem repeatedly in 2011 all the way up to last month, and doesn’t seem to have any handle on the problem or real solutions beyond rebooting and reinstalling driver, which does not work.

:)

drpauljameswhitedrpauljam, Aug 17, 2018

2. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Sep 20, 2018
  3. JJinaus Win User
    Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the internet came back, I disconnected the wifi and reverted to LAN.

Now the airplane icon is stuck there even though there is no wifi attached, the only internet connection in the Network and Connections screen is the LAN connection, so there is no way I can get rid of it. When I windows A, there is no option for wifi or disabling airplane mode.

Can anyone please make any suggestions?

JJinaus, Sep 20, 2018
  4. wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10

Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10

1. wifi only connecting within airplane mode now, windows 10 - Similar Threads - wifi connecting within

2. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  3. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  4. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  5. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  6. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE: This problem has been going on for months now and I can't use my pc because of this. I have online classes and It would really help if somebody knows how to fix this. I have tried all of the possible way to fix this by doing research and watching yt tutorials nothing worked....
  8. Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode

Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode: Hey i need help asap, currently i got problem with connecting to my wifi on win 10. Lately when its happen when i got no internet on my connected wifi , then i click disconnected and this thing happen. Only this symbol showed up like computer with red cross and ithere is...
  9. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON

cannot connect to wifi, airplane mode ON: my desktop network adapter did not work, cannot update / reinstall the driver, airplane mode kept on. Did someone experience same problem? anyone can help with this problems? thanks so much!...