Windows 10: Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

Discus and support Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burgurne, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Burgurne Win User

Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

Hello!
    After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can see my router, and then I can click "Connect". The setting "Auto connect when in range" is ticked, but it don't connect to anything before I do it manually.

This error was introduced with the 1803 upgrate. I have tried to get a driver from Parcard Bell to the netcard, but that gives the same error. After manually connected, it is a rock solid connection until next boot or hibernate. Any idea to repair this?

Windows own repair-tool can't fix it, it just connect it once, and then say everything is OK *Confused

Best regards

:)

Burgurne, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jun 27, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

1. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade - Similar Threads - Wifi problem 1803

2. Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909: Since 1803 is no longer supported i decided to try and upgrade to 1903 and then to 1909 this week. Since the upgrade my internet via ethernet hasn't been working probably. I can't load any webpages on boot and I have to disable and then enable the network adapteron control...
  3. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803: Hey, About three months ago I upgraded my windows to version 1803 since then I occasionally get BSOD from type: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I tried to WinDbg the minidump but didn't succeed to fix the problem, I tried to make a clean install of my graphics card (GeForce GT 730)...
  5. Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803: Hi, After the upgrade last spring to version 1803 my PC began to experience latency issues. Audio popping, lagging & stuttering. I have since installed many different OS’s (Linux too) on this old Dell Studio desktop (x58 chipset, i7-950, SSD) & can verify the problem started...
  6. Windows 1803 wifi problem

Windows 1803 wifi problem: I installed the new 1803 windows version. However, after a while, my internet card (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265) started to disappear. The taskbar icon became a red x, there was no longer a wifi tab in the network and internet settings and it had completely disappeared...
  7. Problem with Windows 10 upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 upgrade to 1803: Upgraded to windows 10 and got a blue screen message PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’ll restart it for you. error: critical service failed. computer did not restart and I cant get past this page. If I restart it get the same page and cant get into PC. How...
  8. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade: I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it only used to take under 5 secs. I can't find anything obvious in Autoruns causing this. Any ideas / solutions or what I should...
  9. Network Problems after 1803

Network Problems after 1803: Split from this thread. Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home network and is investigating the issue. You can resolve this problem by setting some services to Automatic (Delayed Start)...
  10. Wifi looses connection after 1803 upgrade

Wifi looses connection after 1803 upgrade: Hi, Since I updated i've noticed that the wifi randomally looses internet connection. while browsing or uploading a yellow mark comes on the wifi and then i have to disconnect and reconnect. i've read in other places others having this issue and tried the following: 1 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep wifi connection problem 1803

2. windows version 1803 no wifi after notifications are opened up

3. not able to connect to wifi after win 10 1803 clean isntall