Windows 10: WiFi problem

Discus and support WiFi problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running build 11102, but it happened in earlier builds too. When I boot or reboot my laptop, the wireless adapter comes up in one of three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BartZorn, Feb 1, 2016.

1. BartZorn Win User

WiFi problem

I am running build 11102, but it happened in earlier builds too.

When I boot or reboot my laptop, the wireless adapter comes up in one of three ways, at random:

- Normal. This is of course no problem.
    - With a driver problem: I have to reinstall the driver to get it working.
    - As a generic ethernet adapter. In this case, there seems nothing to be done except rebooting, in hope that one of the other two events happen. Windows does not know what kind of adapter it is, so it cannot find a driver. Even when I try to install a driver which I know to be good, it gets refused.

Note that this even happens when the laptop wakes from hibernation.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA,

Bart

:)

BartZorn, Feb 1, 2016

2. No more WIFI. What?

My Samsung Focus Flash, a Windows Phone no longer recognizes WIFI networks . WIFI turned on but the screen just keeps saying "Searching". Other devices I have recognizes my WIFI network.

Told to do a hard reset. What happens if I do device reset? What do I lose? Do I have to buy previously purchased apps? What about contacts?

Need WIFI!!!, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 WiFi not working after sleep mode

I've seen some older posts with this issue, but none every really say what the fix is. Seems this typically gets fixed by messing around in the systems and some unknown action fixes the issue. I've not been so lucky. So, problem is; I have a new Dell
    Inspiron 13 7000 series, i5 with Windows 10. My Wifi connects and works fine. If the computer goes to sleep, or the screen saver comes on, when I wake it back up the Wifi says it's "connected", but it does not work. If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower
    right it says "no internet connection". I can disconnect and reconnect to Wifi, but it still will not work. If I totally restart the computer, WiFi automatically connects and it's all good until next time it sleeps or the screen saver comes on and I wake
    the system back up. I've unchecked the box in Device Manager power settings that allows/prevents the WiFi to be turned off in power saving mode. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sleepy WiFi, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

WiFi problem

1. WiFi problem - Similar Threads - WiFi problem

2. Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi problem: My laptop is dell windows 10 until yesterday it was connecting to wifi but after an update its not even showing its name and not connecting to it . I tried variois methods including network reset due to which after restarting it showed the wifi name but not connecting saying...
  3. Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi problem: My laptop is dell windows 10 until yesterday it was connecting to wifi but after an update its not even showing its name and not connecting to it . I tried variois methods including network reset due to which after restarting it showed the wifi name but not connecting saying...
  4. Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...: Please help me I does not have Wi-Fi turn off and on button on windows I only got aeroplane mode button . It's not software problem because I type command ping 127.1.1 and got different type of answer 127.0 type answer that confirm that it is not software problem please help...
  6. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...: Please help me I does not have Wi-Fi turn off and on button on windows I only got aeroplane mode button . It's not software problem because I type command ping 127.1.1 and got different type of answer 127.0 type answer that confirm that it is not software problem please help...
  7. I doesn't have wifi button on my window it's perhaps hardware problem because when I type...

8. Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...

Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...: Hi!... I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the laptop ran into a problem and error, it will restart in few minutes". What should I do?...
  9. Wifi connection problem

Wifi connection problem: I just got a new eero pro 6e wireless router from Frontier. The router finds everything in my house except my Dell Latitude E7440 laptop. All Dell drivers are up to date.Thanks....
  10. Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the...: Hi!. I have a problem with my laptop, when I try to connect to WiFi it keeps on saying "the laptop ran into a problem and error, it will restart in few minutes". What should I do...