Windows 10: wifi router

Discus and support wifi router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathleenDoneff, Aug 12, 2018.

1. wifi router

I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260

:)

KathleenDoneff, Aug 12, 2018
  2. ALotfiCo Win User

950XL Wifi / Router Problem

Since I have purchased my 950XL the wifi connection in my router shuts down, I still have wired connection but all devices connected via wifi lose their connection to router. Apparently others have the same issue as well http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/399152-my-950xl-messing-my-router.html

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

UPDATE:

• I have had 15 conversations on Twitter with @LumiaHelp & so far they have suggested general instructions. I will report back if they truly provide a solution.
    • This is the model of the modem that gets affected cda3 - Hitron Technologies Americas Inc.

UPDATE FEB 6:

• Lumia Help & Microsoft's provided solutions via Twitter (@LumiaHelp) has been useless.
    • If anyone has this issue, please kindly complain on Twitter as more voices are needed.
    • They are suggesting this is an isolated issue & I keep sending the list of people whom everyday come up with this problem.
    • I need help to raise awareness otherwise we won't be noticed.
    • My ID on twitter is @LotfiCo if you want to include me in your message.

Update June 6:

• After months of back and forth with Lumia & Microsoft support, the phone works with certain routers and as evidenced by latest replies, it still doesn't work with some select other routers.
    • This effort has been useless in a sense that proper attention has not been given to this issue.
    • Is having a wifi connection too much too ask on a "smart phone"?
    • The support response has been ridiculous at best.

ALotfiCo, Aug 12, 2018
  3. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Aug 12, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

wifi router

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

wifi router

1. wifi router - Similar Threads - wifi router

2. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...
  3. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...
  4. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  6. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  7. Why the WiFi bar is always at one bar even though I am next to the router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the WiFi bar is always at one bar even though I am next to the router?: I recently got a HP AMD A6 Laptop. I’ve connected to my WiFi and it only showing one bar. On my other electronics is showing full strengths. Why is it not getting full strengths?...
  8. Why the WiFi bar is always at one bar even though I am next to the router?

Why the WiFi bar is always at one bar even though I am next to the router?: I recently got a HP AMD A6 Laptop. I’ve connected to my WiFi and it only showing one bar. On my other electronics is showing full strengths. Why is it not getting full strengths?...
  9. Why the WiFi bar is always at one bar even though I am next to the router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...