Windows 10: WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

Discus and support WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there! The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me. So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xXDammieXx, Jul 24, 2018.

1. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

Hello there!
    The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me.
    So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and the switch of turning the WiFi icon on or off on the taskbar is greyed out from the settings. I've managed to find a way to access the WiFi menu again and it was either from the lock screen or that menu that opens when you press ctrl + alt + del. After connecting to my WiFi I decided to open the Microsoft Store but it said that I wasn't connected to the internet even though I was. I tried opening Microsoft apps and diferrent apps I had downloaded but all of them stated that I wasn't connected to the internet, even windows updates did the same thing. I did some digging around in the device manager list and I let it show my hidden devices then I found out that my WiFi software device was hidden. I checked it's status and it says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."
    My WAN miniports have the same error too
    and before suggesting to try troubleshooting it, I've tried it and it didn't work at all.
    If someone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

:)

xXDammieXx, Jul 24, 2018
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working. [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Microsoft phone apps have vanished including settings and phone info

Hello Lora,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your mobile apps vanished, including settings and phone info, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version currently running on your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 24, 2018
  4. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

1. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working. - Similar Threads - WiFi settings vanished

2. My Microsoft Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Apps aren't working: My Microsoft apps aren't functioning for example photos is now "@{Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2023.10030.27002.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.Windows.Photos/Resource/AppStoreName}" This is the same with other windows apps only video player and store is working. I...
  3. My Microsoft Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Apps aren't working: My Microsoft apps aren't functioning for example photos is now "@{Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2023.10030.27002.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.Windows.Photos/Resource/AppStoreName}" This is the same with other windows apps only video player and store is working. I...
  4. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  5. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  6. Wifi settings vanished following network reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi settings vanished following network reset: I've been having some trouble lately connecting to my home wifi network from a Lenovo m720. The wifi network is fully functional and other devices can connect properly. I presumed there were some driver issues but reinstalled/updated to no avail. Then, seeing a convenient...
  7. Windows Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Settings aren't working: Hi there everyone, I installed Windows 10 / 1803 using a WDS Server Image. The Image was customized using a tutorial on TenForums. Also an answer file was used thanks to a Tutorial from TenForums. So far so Good installation ran smoothly. No to my problem: I created 2 admin...
  8. Windows Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Settings aren't working: Hi there everyone, I installed Windows 10 / 1803 using a WDS Server Image. The Image was customized using a tutorial on TenForums. Also an answer file was used thanks to a Tutorial from TenForums. So far so Good installation ran smoothly. No to my problem: I created 2 admin...
  9. wifi driver vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi driver vanished: hello. Its just strange that my laptop(Inspiron N4050 ) just swallowed up the wifi network driver all of a sudden.I tried to download the drivers from dell website.Strangely,website recognised my laptop but did not show up any wifi drivers to download.When I tried to seach...
  10. WiFi vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi vanished: What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and upon update WiFi is missing. Device shows in Device Manager with a triangle but no adapter in adapters folder and when I click...