Windows 10: WiFi Shows connected, can do windows update, but no browsing...

Discus and support WiFi Shows connected, can do windows update, but no browsing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello guys, my laptop hasn't been in use for 3 weeks while i was out of town. before i left, the internet was normal, but when i started using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wtc0216, Mar 25, 2016.

1. wtc0216 Win User

WiFi Shows connected, can do windows update, but no browsing...

hello guys,
    my laptop hasn't been in use for 3 weeks while i was out of town.
    before i left, the internet was normal, but when i started using it this morning,
    i can't go onto the internet. the wifi status icon shows connected--no"!" mark,
    and troubleshoot says no problem identified, plus windows update can still run,
    but i can't go onto the internet/web browsing using either IE or Firefox.

i tried disconnect and connect wifi--no luck;
    tried forget wifi and re-add it back in again--no luck;
    tried turn off and turn on wifi adapter--no luck;
    tried turn off and turn on wifi router--no luck;
    tried ipconfig release and renew--no luck(can ping google.com).
    i also checked adapter settings, browser settings, DHCP, driver update, etc. including tips like the following
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    netsh int tcp show global
    stillno luck.

still, all my other laptops and wifi devices can go onto the internet/web browsing using the same wifi.
    does anyone know what's going on?
    i've even started thinking about re-installing the system.
    it's just too weird XD

Thanks!

:)

wtc0216, Mar 25, 2016

2. wifi problem

I can connect wifi successfully with password and showing connected. Its is WPA-PSK wifi network

The problem is if you start browsing then showing there is no wifi or mobile data

vinayk---01, Mar 25, 2016
  3. C6-01 Wifi browsing problem

hi,

i bought a c6-01 around a month ago.. i have a wifi router at my place and so its an open network. i can connect my laptop to the wifi and browse on it but im not able to do it with my phone.. my phone detects the wifi network, connects but when i start
    browsing it shows an error saying browser unable to connect to website. i got my software updated but no use. kept wifi my first priority but stil no change. pls help me out

blueberry0991, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

when you try and use a web browser , what's the message given when it tries to connect to the web ?

Wullail, Mar 25, 2016
  5. wtc0216 Win User
    it says "server not found."
    or gives me a blank page and the tab says "new tab."

wtc0216, Mar 25, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Try system restore to go back before the KB3140741 update installation or recover from any backups you created prior to this update, use the tutorial below to hide the said update, it may fix the problem but can not guarantee.
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

brummyfan, Mar 25, 2016
  7. Wullail Win User
    Can you try a tracert from the command prompt and see where it fails?

tracert 8.8.8.8

Wullail, Mar 26, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

If you cannot browse, sounds like you have an infected machine and have a Proxy set by the infection.

bro67, Mar 26, 2016
  9. wtc0216 Win User
    it was kinda like that...
    i finally found out that on the day i left for trip, i deleted a bunch of files on the root of drive C. those files were associated with a live streaming video player; they were not in the program's designated folder, so i thought they were temp files and deleted them. after i restored the files back, i can do web browsing now. *Confused

i was so confused. XD

wtc0216, Mar 26, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    No biggie. Never delete anything from the system. Use a system image that is clean to restore, when you run into these types of issues.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Shows connected, can do windows update, but no browsing... - Similar Threads - WiFi Shows connected

2. Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?: I am connected to wifi and am able to update apps and use apps such as steam without internet connection issues. But when I go onto any browser it does not work.I have tried many resolutions and cannot seem to figure this out.Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming Wifi...
  3. Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?: I am connected to wifi and am able to update apps and use apps such as steam without internet connection issues. But when I go onto any browser it does not work.I have tried many resolutions and cannot seem to figure this out.Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming Wifi...
  4. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not connect to wifi: Hello,I can not use the wifi since laptop do not connect to wifi adapter and need help. Thanks,Canan Guc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-to-wifi/7dff0048-300f-4b7a-8539-524a39afa1fa
  5. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not connect to wifi: Hello,I can not use the wifi since laptop do not connect to wifi adapter and need help. Thanks,Canan Guc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-to-wifi/7dff0048-300f-4b7a-8539-524a39afa1fa
  6. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can not connect to the wifi

Can not connect to the wifi: Hi, I have an Acer Switch Alpha12 Tablet running Window 10. I keep the drivers and the OS updated at all time. In the recent month, I have been having problem with WiFi connectivity, where the I lose WiFi connection frequently everyday. To remedy the problem, I normally...
  8. Not showing WiFi connection

Not showing WiFi connection: I am using hp laptop with windows 10 .The laptop can't get identify any WiFi networks.But it can connect through ethernet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-wifi-connection/d0653e48-49f9-433d-8611-a3bac0c4823b
  9. Windows 10 Update: WiFi does not connect . Networks do not show up

Windows 10 Update: WiFi does not connect . Networks do not show up: I recently updated to windows 10 . After i did , my laptop could not connect to wifi. I thought there was something wrong with my wifi router, however I then realized that the wifi works perfectly fine in my phone and other devices . It just does not connect to my laptop ....
  10. Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?

Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?: Hi guys. I got a problem with my wifi whereas when I do ping google.com -t, I am having long queues of: (like every few minutes) Request time out Request time out General failure General failure or high pings I had this problems on 2 ASUS pcs. I returned the...