Windows 10: Wifi speed connection

Discus and support Wifi speed connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have 15MB internet speed when i check it using my windows 10 with cable it is the same result but when i try to check it using windows 10 wifi it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lllMidolll, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wifi speed connection

i have 15MB internet speed when i check it using my windows 10 with cable it is the same result but when i try to check it using windows 10 wifi it gives me i have 4.3 MB … so how can i fix it

:)

lllMidolll, Aug 7, 2018
  2. F-Roamer Win User

WiFi connection speeds

I was finally able to connect, but now my speeds are well below where they should be. My other wifi devices on the same network are pulling 100Mbps+. The surface varies between 1 and 5 Mbps. I was able to find another article that suggested I uninstall the
    network adapter driver, reboot and see if that worked. It didn't. I found another article that said to flush winsock, DNS and renew the IP lease and reboot. That seemed to work for now. Here is what I did:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

F-Roamer, Aug 7, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Wifi speed connection

Wifi Speed and Metered Connections

I've been experiencing slow wifi speeds for the past couple of months. I recently switched my wifi connection to metered and my speed increased substantially. I am not understanding how a metered connection would increase my wifi speed versus non-metered.
    Is this a bug or am I missing something?

ChaunceyLeatherbury, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Wifi speed connection

1. Wifi speed connection - Similar Threads - Wifi speed connection

2. I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful: So when i am connected to 2.4 ghz i m getting around 40mbit/s download speeds, but when i connect to the same wifi but 5 ghz i get 5 mbit/s download and 100mbit/s upload. What could it be?...
  3. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi speed: I recently bought a PC and am having alot of troubles with it. First i want to fix my WiFi speed, in my phone it is easily reaching 60mbps but on my PC it is only reaching 300kbps which is very concerning. I had an engineer come out and look at my WiFi which fixed connection...
  4. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed: I recently bought a PC and am having alot of troubles with it. First i want to fix my WiFi speed, in my phone it is easily reaching 60mbps but on my PC it is only reaching 300kbps which is very concerning. I had an engineer come out and look at my WiFi which fixed connection...
  5. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection: Hello,I am recently having a strange issue with my wifi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and a 500mbps internet speed, but when I test the speed on the 5ghz connection I get around 200mbps at the start of the test which is of course normal then it immediately falls to...
  7. wifi speed

wifi speed: I am using a broadband connection with 50mbps speed, its working fine on my desktop computer but it does not work properly on my laptop, the speed keeps varying. Please advise if there is any need for changing the setting on my laptop. Thanks...
  8. WiFi speed

WiFi speed: I have two Dell laptop computers in the same room running Windows 10. One has WiFi at 50/50 Mbps the other at 25/25 Mbps. Both used to be 50/50 Mbps. Inspiron 3650 fast and Inspiron 5749 slow A hard-wired desktop computer, also Windows 10 sees 60/60 Mbps. I don't run...
  9. WiFi Speed

WiFi Speed: Something is wrong with my WiFi on this computer. I am connected but the WiFi speed to this computer is slow. All other devices are running fine. The wifi speed to this on computer is very slow it is at 72mbps and it should be at 300mbps....
  10. Wifi Speed

Wifi Speed: The wifi speed on my Laptop is 175mb+. The speed on my desktop is 10mb. I have Xfinity service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-speed/d7e23bde-4eb3-4e8d-8cd9-bc861d2732dd