Windows 10: Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

Discus and support Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Dear Microsoft Community, I've felt that my wifi speed on my windows 10 device is getting slower, while on my smartphone it is always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mohamad Hammoud, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

Hello, Dear Microsoft Community, I've felt that my wifi speed on my windows 10 device is getting slower, while on my smartphone it is always consistent, I would appreciate if you share with me tips to accelerate my wifi speed on Windows 10! Thanks in advance!

:)

Mohamad Hammoud, Aug 19, 2018

2. Reduced WiFi speeds after w10 upgrade from w7

No problem on my side getting all of my 300 Mbps on WiFi:

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10 [​IMG]

I would update to the latest Windows 8 drivers and maybe it'll help.

theveterans, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Download speeds over wifi considerably reduced

I'm getting reduced download speeds over wifi. LAN gets >40Mbps/16Mbps down/up while WLAN gets 1Mbps/16Mbps down/up (speedtest.net).

The speedtest starts relatively quick but then reduces speed. Shows same symptom when downloading a file in a browser.

Tried different PCE sockets, usb WLAN adpater, driver updates, MTU reduction to 1400, disable rsc, network settings reset, router reset, effect is not present on other wifi devices.

Windows 10 home 64bit

AMD Ryzen 1800x

Asus rog Hero vi x370

Asus PCE-AC56 adapter

see image for WLAN vs LAN speedtest results

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10 f98c45f4-616b-44b2-aaaa-c80a80607135.png

ChrisSnowdon1, Aug 19, 2018
  4. NamCK Win User

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

Abysmal wifi speed on Windows 10

I've checked that drivers are up to date. I have 2 different wifi cards and 1 usb wifi adapter. I tried just about everything. Reception on other devices is fine, including a device located in the same spot as computer. It's strictly the computer after updating
    to Windows 10. My wifi speed starts fine but will quickly go down to about 0.1 to 2 mbps (instead of 15+) Nothing seems to fix this, other than a Network reset, after which speed is fine again but quickly degrades.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, v1709 Build 16299.371

Summary:

• No program is hogging the connection
    • Speed degrades on multiple wifi adapter simultaneously
    • Can only be fixed by a Network reset
    • Steadily degrades over time after a reset
    • No wifi problems on other devices, even in same location
    • Drivers up to date
    • Speed degrades to 0.1-2 mbps with short, temporary bursts to full speed

NamCK, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

1. Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wifi speed reduced

2. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  3. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  4. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...: When properly working:barikd_c406 5G Internet accessBut after few secs :HssStore 1 Internet accessbarikd_c406 5G No Internet accessAnd speed becomes very slow...
  5. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...: When properly working:barikd_c406 5G Internet accessBut after few secs :HssStore 1 Internet accessbarikd_c406 5G No Internet accessAnd speed becomes very slow...
  6. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped

Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped: Recently I noticed my 3-month old laptop is experiencing poor wifi speed. I have done all I know to debug, but nothing worked. Here is the symptom: 1. The wifi speed dropped from 50+Mbs to 8.5Mbs at home. All other devices at home are getting at least 25Mbs. 2. When...
  8. how can I reduce wifi speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can I reduce wifi speed?: I have a notebook that sucks my internet causing me lags on games, how I can reduce the notebook wifi ? submitted by /u/Chuil01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fn5sqh/how_can_i_reduce_wifi_speed/
  9. Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10?: I currently have 149 processes running, using 1468 threads. The computer is very slow, much slower than Windows 7. If I reduce the above numbers, will I get back the old performance?...
  10. Reduced WiFi speeds after w10 upgrade from w7

Reduced WiFi speeds after w10 upgrade from w7: Hello! I have a PC with a Belkin Wireless N600 wifi Dongle that I use with a belkin router. I've had this setup for years and have never had trouble until upgrading to Windows 10. Now I'm getting intermittent speeds on my PC only....my chromebook laptop still reports...