Windows 10: WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

Discus and support WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damdarnhel, Jul 6, 2016.

1. WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is 23 Mbps and upload of 10Mbps. How do I correct this problem remembering that I am a novice with respect to computers.
    I am using a i7 duel 2.50 processor with 16 GB ram. *Confused

:)

Damdarnhel, Jul 6, 2016

2. How to task scheduler to sign out user in windows 10 pro.

Hi

my client had a windows 10 pro 64bits computer server and it need to sign out/log off the standard user daily and how to set it? Then, the remote connect from user only close the session and cannot sign out/log off that also cause reduction speed of the
    client computer.

kimhongtoh, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Download speeds over wifi considerably reduced

I'm getting reduced download speeds over wifi. LAN gets >40Mbps/16Mbps down/up while WLAN gets 1Mbps/16Mbps down/up (speedtest.net).

The speedtest starts relatively quick but then reduces speed. Shows same symptom when downloading a file in a browser.

Tried different PCE sockets, usb WLAN adpater, driver updates, MTU reduction to 1400, disable rsc, network settings reset, router reset, effect is not present on other wifi devices.

Windows 10 home 64bit

AMD Ryzen 1800x

Asus rog Hero vi x370

Asus PCE-AC56 adapter

see image for WLAN vs LAN speedtest results

WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10 [​IMG]

ChrisSnowdon1, Jul 6, 2016
  4. WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

I just upgraded a friend's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home and with Windows 10 Home it was getting 10-25 Mbps. The temporary fix was to connect the laptop to an Ethernet cable. I told the owner to contact their ISP and get a better modem. I hope it is not Windows 10 Home that is causing this problem.

Maybe this problem is caused by interference? I did notice that the laptop was getting much stronger signals from the neighbours which are much further away than this cable modem.

alkaufmann, Jul 6, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    I doubt the reduction in download speed you are experiencing is due in any part to Windows 10 itself. However, it may be that the Windows 10 driver that got loaded for your wifi adapter is the problem. You might want to see if there is a better driver available from the wifi adapter mfr's website.

None of the computers I've upgraded have displayed any loss of download speed after the upgrade.

strollin, Jul 6, 2016
  6. One thing i have seen that causes slow speeds on WiFi is the below setting, I was affected by this
    If you have this option see if its set as below

WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10 [​IMG]

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Hi All,
    Thanks for your input.. Let me go through the process I did... Two laptops both on windows 8.1. One laptop connected by cable to router and the other one in another room connected by wifi. Using BT infinity 5 fiber optic cable I got 76Mbps download speed and 33 Mbps upload speed on the laptop connected via cable to router. The other laptop, connected via wifi, had a download speed of 43 Mbps and upload of 22 Mbps. The modem and router is the latest from BT.
    Upgrade to windows 10 Home edition and the following reading were recorded with NO other changes of equipment etc. Using the same router and router driver connected via the same cable to the laptop the speeds c
    dropped to 33 Mbps download and 14 Mbps upload. The wifi computer has also been upgraded and the speed has dropped to 14 Mbps download and 7.2 Mbps upload speed.

Damdarnhel, Jul 6, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

I remain inclined to suspect the driver and not the OS. Windows itself doesn't run the IP stack. It delegates that responsibility to the wireless or wired network interface, which handles the handshaking, data transfer, and other activities associated with TCP/IP packet exchange. What are the makes and models of your network adapters? Maybe we can help you find some relief there...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Tks for the help everyone. I solved the problem by doing a deep clean using ccleaner.

Damdarnhel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

1. WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WiFi Speed reduction

2. Windows related WiFi speed reduction on Bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows related WiFi speed reduction on Bootup: Experiencing Wifi speed reduction on bootup for two different PC's running Windows 10.The initial problem was noticed on an HP pavilion PC over a year ago. On bootup the speedtest revealed a rate of 3-4 Mbps. After uninstalling the WiFi driver and reinstalling the bit rate...
  3. Windows related WiFi speed reduction on Bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows related WiFi speed reduction on Bootup: Experiencing Wifi speed reduction on bootup for two different PC's running Windows 10.The initial problem was noticed on an HP pavilion PC over a year ago. On bootup the speedtest revealed a rate of 3-4 Mbps. After uninstalling the WiFi driver and reinstalling the bit rate...
  4. Windows related WiFi speed reduction on Bootup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.

Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.: I currently have a 300-400 mbps wifi speed via my modem. All other devices in my house including another windows 10 PC consistently get this speed on wifi. My personal PC received this same speed when I initially installed my new modem, but ever since has only been able to...
  6. Significant reduction in Nvme ssd speed. Please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Significant reduction in Nvme ssd speed. Please help: SSD: 1 TB Kingston A2000 A2000 NVMe PCIe SSD 250GB-1TB - Kingston Technology Crystal Disk mark speed: Before: Imgur: The magic of the Internet After: Imgur: The magic of the Internet The before pic is only from 4 months ago. I tried running in safe mode but got similar...
  7. Significant reduction in Nvme ssd speed. Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Significant reduction in Nvme ssd speed. Please help: SSD: 1 TB Kingston A2000 A2000 NVMe PCIe SSD – 250GB-1TB - Kingston Technology Crystal Disk mark speed: Before: Imgur: The magic of the Internet After: Imgur: The magic of the Internet The before pic is only from 4 months ago. I tried running in safe mode but got similar...
  8. WiFi speed

WiFi speed: I have two Dell laptop computers in the same room running Windows 10. One has WiFi at 50/50 Mbps the other at 25/25 Mbps. Both used to be 50/50 Mbps. Inspiron 3650 fast and Inspiron 5749 slow A hard-wired desktop computer, also Windows 10 sees 60/60 Mbps. I don't run...
  9. Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10: Hello, Dear Microsoft Community, I've felt that my wifi speed on my windows 10 device is getting slower, while on my smartphone it is always consistent, I would appreciate if you share with me tips to accelerate my wifi speed on Windows 10! Thanks in advance!...
  10. Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed

Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro. Recently more than a month already(after installing Windows 10 2018 update ), I notice my wifi speed is really slow. After I did some trial, I notice I get 30mbps on windows startup, then after 5 minutes, my speed gets limited to 6mbps...