Windows 10: Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Discus and support Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot. To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luck pradeep, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

:)

luck pradeep, Aug 17, 2016

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot in Windows10 PC

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot

1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword

2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot in Windows10 PC

Hello Pradeep,

I would suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter and check for the issue. The Network troubleshooter is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    Reinstall the Network driver in compatibility mode
    and check.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

manish9009, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

1. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot - Similar Threads - Wifi turns off

2. The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when...: The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when reconnected. Is there a way to enable hotspot to automatically turn on when connected to wifi....
  3. The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when...: The hotspot on tablet turns off when I lose wifi but will not turn on automatically when reconnected. Is there a way to enable hotspot to automatically turn on when connected to wifi....
  4. How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?: Mobile hotspot disables any connected device if it hasn't used the internet for ~2-10 minutes. On phones it shows up as "this network does not have internet access" while on the hotspot laptop itself the phone is no longer a connected device it's not in the list of connected...
  5. How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?

How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?: Mobile hotspot disables any connected device if it hasn't used the internet for ~2-10 minutes. On phones it shows up as "this network does not have internet access" while on the hotspot laptop itself the phone is no longer a connected device it's not in the list of connected...
  6. How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?

7. How can I turn off the automatic disconnection of devices connected to a mobile hotspot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.: Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on...
  9. PC connected to a hotspot when the Wifi was toggled off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC connected to a hotspot when the Wifi was toggled off: Was using my phone's hotspot and noticed a device named "*" was connected. I don't own any device with that name so I blocked it. Later I was using my laptop and tried connecting it to the hotspot but it kept saying "can't connect to this network". So I came back to my phone...
  10. Wifi Hotspot turns itself off, power saving is off, devices are still connected, data...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Hotspot turns itself off, power saving is off, devices are still connected, data...: What I want to do: Utilise a TP-Link TU2 Wifi dongle on my ethernet connected Windows 10 64-bit PC as an always-on mobile hotspot so that smart home devices sitting in wifi blackspots nearby can connect to the network more easily How I'm trying to do it: Creating a mobile...