Windows 10: WiFi vanished

Discus and support WiFi vanished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steadydon, Oct 8, 2017.

1. steadydon Win User

WiFi vanished

What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and upon update WiFi is missing. Device shows in Device Manager with a triangle but no adapter in adapters folder and when I click on the the WiFi tab in notifications nothing. So I roll back and all is fine. I have used current drivers for card there are no BIOS updates available for Asus M5A-99FX Pro R2. When going to network in setting there is no WiFi listed on left column. Any ideas on what I'm missing???

:)

steadydon, Oct 8, 2017

2. Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

does not help with there WiFi setting is not there. Missing. Vanished. Gone

ClausOlesen, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Maree01 Win User
    Missing WiFi options

Hi my wifi options have vanished from my windows 10. I was trying to connect to a wifi and all if a sudden no wifi options. Please help as its a laptop

Maree01, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

WiFi vanished

Hi there, steadydon. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Build 16299.15 has not been officially released. That's an Insider build. Are you an Insider? If not, how did you obtain it?

There may not be official drivers for you particular peripherals released yet.

Tony K, Oct 8, 2017
  5. skcusime Win User
    Hi Steadydon,
    16299 is last week's insider preview, and I have had the same problem as you since 16288 a week or so earlier.
    I have a TP-LINK 802.11 ac network adapter, and it too shows a yellow exclamation mark in device manager. I have downloaded as many alternative drivers as possible without success. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all drivers etc, without success. It works perfectly on 15063.632. Just gotta hope MS sort it out before the final release on the 17th. So i can't solve your problem, but just know you're not alone

skcusime, Oct 8, 2017
  6. steadydon Win User
    Well I'm gonna try something else. Last night I put the WiFi adapter in a different PC that has been connected via Ethernet cable only never WiFi and I just put in the card and boom it worked. That PC already has the 16299. So this afternoon I'm going to connect this PC via Ethernet after removing WiFi card and drivers, run the update again and then put the card back in to see what happens. I'll post my results.

steadydon, Oct 8, 2017
  7. steadydon Win User
    Well I don't know why but on the one PC that has been on the insiders all along and the one PC that has not been is the only difference in the two. Wifi works fine on the one that's been on insiders yet doesn't work on the one that I have kept off the insiders till the other day. So one has updated gradually and the other a bigger jump from one build to another. I'm gonna try using a different hard drive and install ISO 16296 then up to 16299 to see what happens.

steadydon, Oct 9, 2017
  8. hawkman Win User

WiFi vanished

here's my experience on wifi drivers, Insider ring.

Back about 6 versions ago suddenly lost my wifi. Asus x55a with a Foxconn minicard, no problem in the other 30+
    (note this is NOT about the KNOWN driver issue in one release)

For some reason MS picked up the wrong driver, still the Asus designated one- but NOT the Foxcon driver
    point of note Foxconn was taken over by Realtek, which is where i think the issue started

The main difference between the 2, one for Single band the other Dual.
    So if i want to run 5gz i have to change the driver EVERY TIME, and ignore the stupid warning re incompatability.

Roy

hawkman, Oct 9, 2017
  9. skcusime Win User
    Update to #3 above.
    Today I installed 16299.15 and still have the same issue.

skcusime, Oct 10, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    We need the information from this: netsh wlan show all | copy

Paste the output from that command that you run in a Command Window.

bro67, Oct 10, 2017
  11. Best to just uninstall the driver with the yellow mark and reboot. More than likely will sort ya out matey

kingtez1984, Oct 10, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    It actually helps if a person asking for help, goes through the troubleshooting steps first and if they find a solution, to post it so that if someone else comes along this post, they will know the steps that are taken to fix the problem.

bro67, Oct 10, 2017
  13. WiFi vanished

I hear ya pal. Probs all it does need.

kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi vanished

1. WiFi vanished - Similar Threads - WiFi vanished

2. Wifi button keeps vanishing over and over, even during use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button keeps vanishing over and over, even during use.: My son and I have a ASUS TUF F15, for some reason the wifi button keeps vanishing and disconnects him from the internet. It's happened once to my computer and I went into device manager, found the networks and adapters section and uninstalled the intel wifi then went up to...
  3. Wifi button keeps vanishing over and over, even during use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi button keeps vanishing over and over, even during use.: My son and I have a ASUS TUF F15, for some reason the wifi button keeps vanishing and disconnects him from the internet. It's happened once to my computer and I went into device manager, found the networks and adapters section and uninstalled the intel wifi then went up to...
  4. Wifi got vanish from my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi got vanish from my pc.: Sometimes my wifi icon goes like this See the attached screenshot. And then The Internet is disconnected from the PC. I feel very irritated because of this problem. Tried many solutions from other youtube videos and internet blogs. There is no permanent solution work on my...
  5. Wifi got vanish from my pc.

Wifi got vanish from my pc.: Sometimes my wifi icon goes like this See the attached screenshot. And then The Internet is disconnected from the PC. I feel very irritated because of this problem. Tried many solutions from other youtube videos and internet blogs. There is no permanent solution work on my...
  6. Wifi Vanishes suddenly - Windows 11

Wifi Vanishes suddenly - Windows 11: "My wifi keep vanishing in windows 11 and i have tried all possible solutions found on net. Wifi is okay since other devices are working well.. Wifi option just suddenly disappears"...
  7. Wifi Vanishes suddenly - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Vanishes suddenly - Windows 11: "My wifi keep vanishing in windows 11 and i have tried all possible solutions found on net. Wifi is okay since other devices are working well.. Wifi option just suddenly disappears"...
  8. Wifi option vanishes and comes back after executing set of commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option vanishes and comes back after executing set of commands: Hi,The Wifi option vanishes all of sudden and need to execute following commands and restart -a netsh winsock resetb netsh int ip reset reset.logc ipconfig /flushdnsWhat could be the issue and what is permanent solution, so i am not interrupted and need to perform above steps...
  9. Wifi option vanishes and comes back after executing set of commands

Wifi option vanishes and comes back after executing set of commands: Hi,The Wifi option vanishes all of sudden and need to execute following commands and restart -a netsh winsock resetb netsh int ip reset reset.logc ipconfig /flushdnsWhat could be the issue and what is permanent solution, so i am not interrupted and need to perform above steps...
  10. Wifi has vanished, Windows 11

Wifi has vanished, Windows 11: Hey! I'm using an MSI Alpha 15 A3DDK laptop. Earlier today I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi just fine. I went to class and returned home to find that can't connect at all. Clicking the pop up menu in the bottom right of the Taskbar shows Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery...