Windows 10: Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

Discus and support Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the laptop has been to sleep the WIFI is very slow to reconnect, it can take up to 2 minutes. Trouble shooter just says reconnect cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mayfly, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Mayfly Win User

Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

After the laptop has been to sleep the WIFI is very slow to reconnect, it can take up to 2 minutes. Trouble shooter just says reconnect cable. Sometimes won't reconnect at all.
    HP Envy 17" Windows 10, latest update installed, last checked this morning driver says the latest is installed.

No other devices are affected. I seem to have lost the WIFI symbol in the system tray and now have a white square with a red X through it as tho' it doesn't recognise the laptop is WIFI enabled. All is fine via ethernet cable. It started off by having to manually reconnect after sleep, even tho' 'connect automatically' is checked.

I've tried all the usual trouble shooting recommendations such as Device manager > WIFI > power settings and made sure the box 'allow this computer to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mayfly, Oct 18, 2017

2. Nokia X6 16gb wifi connection

i have Nokia X6 16GB zitron orignal

wifi connected internet browser very very slow loading daam

i tested my laptop wifi also fast browser

but my nokia wifi connected to much slow internet browser then i download songs mp3 but download very very slow but my laptop wifi connected but download mp3 songs very fast max speed for few minutes but my nokia x6 keep 0% and wait 15min then now 1% to
    much slow i checked my nokia x6 wifi signal is full no problem but always slow

so how to solve

gopala---01, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Taskbar icons are not working

I frequently put my laptop to sleep, but whenever it wakes up from sleep mode, the taskbar icons (only the default ones) stop working after some time i.e, when it wakes up or when the laptop is turned on they work just fine, but after sometime clicking
    on them does not make them pop up like they are supposed to do, this is being very frequent now a days, i found a fix but it is being temporary(i.e Repairing windows image by typing Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    in the elevated command prompt). Help me out. It is being very annoying due to this i'm not able to connect to wifi if not connected right after turning on the pc

ChaitanyaJVNM, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

Morning Mayfly.

This may sound crazy but not that long ago a fix was to re-enable "Allow this computer to shut off". Seems a modern device when implemented properly can actually use this function. You might wish to try this just in case you fall in this group.

Next I would reset network.

Start => Settings => Network and internet => scroll down righthand side => Reset NetworkThis will "Forget" wireless passwords and you may have to reset any custom communication pacakges like VPN clients.

Next I would head to HP, get their driver for your card, yes older driver. Install and test. Confirm driver version in device manager. This maybe a temp solution as Windows will likely help you by installing newer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Mayfly Win User
    Thanks Ken - that appears to have fixed it. I sometimes have to reconnect manually but at least the icon is back so it's only 2 clicks.

Mayfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

1. Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps - Similar Threads - Wifi very slow

2. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  3. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  4. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  5. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  6. Wifi Adapter very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter very slow: Hai, right now i'm using Acer Aspire E14 with additional usb wifi adapter by TOTO LINK, when I using google or youtube with my laptop, sometimes I often experiencing very slow internet speed, it doesn't happened on my smartphone, so I conclude that this must be something...
  7. Wifi very slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi very slow after factory reset: I completely reset my laptop cuz it got very slow for some reason and after the reset it got even worse I literally tried everything including resetting again also I know the wifi itself isn't bad because my phone works fine in the same spot...
  8. Very slow wifi connection, only on Windows PC

Very slow wifi connection, only on Windows PC: Hi, just having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection. I am saying this only becasue my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do...
  9. wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping: Hi everyone, I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, if I leave the laptop and it goes in sleeping mode, when I try to wake it up, the wifi takes 1 minutes to find the network and to connect to it. I would like to wake the pc and start to use it immediately....not to wait so...
  10. 2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.

2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.: Sometime in 2017 I noticed that my Dell Inspiron 3451 was not properly connecting to my access point after coming out of sleep. Most of the time it would auto reconnect but could take a minute or two to do it. My daughter reported a similar situation on her asus laptop at...