Windows 10: WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...

Discus and support WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was working on my computer Saturday night when all of a sudden I no longer had internet connection. I double-checked the router, and it was fine. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JudyGarrison823, Aug 26, 2018.

1. WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...

I was working on my computer Saturday night when all of a sudden I no longer had internet connection. I double-checked the router, and it was fine. But I rebooted it anyway. I checked my iPhone, my iPad, and my old Gateway (Windows 7) PC, and all of them were connected to WiFi. I ran diagnostics on the Dell and was told WiFi was not connected. Why not? It has been connected with no problems up until then. I clicked the "ON button, and the computer immediately turned it right back OFF. We played that game until I nearly smashed the computer! So today I uninstalled the August 18 update, but it still will not connect/stay connected to the internet. Suggestions? Thank you.

:)

JudyGarrison823, Aug 26, 2018

2. Wifi limited connection problem

Hi,
    I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the problem.
    Any kind of help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance.

Amansundas, Aug 26, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 26, 2018
  4. R-T-B Win User

WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...

Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell... 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...

1. WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell... - Similar Threads - WiFi longer connect

2. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.: My wifi connects on my pc but downloads and runs very slow for about 5 minutes before it stops working, if i click on the wifi icon while its connected, i only see mines appearing for about 2 seconds before all the other networks pop up. its very slow and i can only download...
  3. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.: My wifi connects on my pc but downloads and runs very slow for about 5 minutes before it stops working, if i click on the wifi icon while its connected, i only see mines appearing for about 2 seconds before all the other networks pop up. its very slow and i can only download...
  4. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi will not stay connected

wifi will not stay connected: i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory...
  6. wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.

wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.: after a windows up date my HP Envy laptop wont stay connected to my wifi network. nothing has changed, router is still in the same location, i havent re set anything with the laptop. my phone, surface pro4 tablet, firestick all use the same network and never lose connection,...
  7. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi: This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops if I plug in the...
  8. No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates

No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates: I am not very technical but here goes.. I installed the latest, two big Windows 10 updates last night. I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop. Now, I cannot connect to wifi, in fact, my laptop can't find any devices connected wirelessly to the laptop, not even a list of my...
  9. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...
  10. Wifi and bluetooth both not staying on after the latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi and bluetooth both not staying on after the latest update.: Hi, Wifi and Bluetooth not turning on after windows update . Tried updating driversmanually from dell site as well as through windows. No luck. model is dell 3452 . Only Ethernet connection works . Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect wifi after upgrade 1709 bitlocker