Windows 10: Wifi+ win10= death of me

Discus and support Wifi+ win10= death of me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently typing this with mobile thanks to messing up my computer so bad I can't connect to Internet without having to wait several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grimachu, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Grimachu Win User

Wifi+ win10= death of me

Hello,
    I'm currently typing this with mobile thanks to messing up my computer so bad I can't connect to Internet without having to wait several minutes for it to work.

Problem: upgraded to win10 and since internet connection has been causing me gray hair. It keeps losing itself, suddenly disconnects, says "Internet protocol is missing". wifi has full coverage but it still is slow.

Computer: Lenovo, cpu 2,5GHz, 16 gt Ram, x64-bit, 1000gb + 16 gb flashdrive. Originally win8. Norton antivirus. Internet speed is supposedly 100 M, VDLS2

Troubleshooting done:
    - on/off/on
    - disconnecting wlan
    - trouble shooting wlan and done the recommended fix (which I don't know what it was)
    - rebooting(? As in re upgrading to win10) and lost the opportunity to downgrade back to win 8.1 *Smile))
    - upgrading all wireless ware
    - tried connecting to different wifispot but it's worse
    - I've disabled everything I can find in the settings that could eat the connection.
    - usb wifi connector thing. No difference on Internet.

Problem keeps getting worse every day. I can't watch YouTube videos at all, all of my school projects are online and I can't access any of that. Sometimes Internet will seem to be fast but then t suddenly drops. Also everything is in my native language so I'm making translation mistakes.

I really don't know what to do anymore. My brothers are connected to the same wifi but their internet play well they can play online games. I can't open even one photo. Before Internet worked normally but after win10 I just want to throw up.

Please help me.
    Thank you.

:)

Grimachu, Nov 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Black Screen after Boot (only after installing driver for Nvidia Geforce GT 335m)

Perhaps this would have worked if I had done this before I upgraded to Win10 but I did not. I foolishly assumed the Win10 team had resolved such an obvious problem before they released the software. Silly me. Now, I'm stuck with a black screen of death
    and no one can tell me how to get out of it.

BillLeatherbury, Nov 30, 2015
  3. eddie-t Win User
    Win10 wants me to "Buy Microsoft Wi-Fi" for my company's guest access

For some reason, Win10 wants me to use the Microsoft paid Wifi service for my company's guest wifi access. I know for a fact, that the guest wifi is not part of the microsoft service (I set it up). It is based on a captive portal with a sign in/disclaimer
    page (similar to hotel access) and does not have a charge or anything similar.

I can't seem to get around this restriction as win10 won't let me connect to the network and I can't figure out how to tell Win10 that this is just a normal company guest wifi network.

Any thoughts?

eddie-t, Nov 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Wifi+ win10= death of me

It is usually due to problems from interference on the channel that the WIIf on the Gateway is set at, or a bad wifi adapter.

Get a USB wifi adapter and see if that works.

bro67, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Grimachu Win User
    Hey, thanks for replying. I've tried that too, there's no difference.

Grimachu, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Hi is your computer made by Sony if so they have only just released new drivers.
    Several members on other forum have complained about the same problem all seem to have the same make of laptop/computer.
    Go to the manufactors site and see if there are any latest drivers for your system.
    Let us know how you got on

hTconeM9user, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Grimachu Win User
    Okay so I went on lenovos site and had Lenovo service bridge and then there was a scanning program that went through all the hardwares and it came back with everything being ok. I had to go to school in between so I forgot what the name for the scanning thing was. Now my internet is running smoother but not as smooth as with win 8. I also disabled some protocol settings on Norton and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help! I'll be back though if it starts going crazy again.

Grimachu, Nov 30, 2015
  8. Wifi+ win10= death of me

Thanks for posting back.
    I don't use Norton Myself but have heard that it can play some laptops up.

Have you tried Ccleaner at all that gets rid of a lot of crap if your laptop slows down some/
    Also a defraggler made by same firm is good
    Both are free versions

hTconeM9user, Nov 30, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    FWIW,,,, MS did an update to Wi-Fi. Doesn't show up in update history, but does in reliability report.

Wifi+ win10= death of me [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 30, 2015
  10. Grimachu Win User
    Yea I have ccleaner but since I had to reboot (sorry if term is wrong, I mean that I reinstalled win10) the computer it took away all my games and stuff. The Internet has been surprisingly consistent now, even YouTube is playing without constant disruptions. I'm trying streaming hd now. It seems to be working! Thanks guys! I've got gray hair because of these three days and now everything seems fine. Even the wifi hasn't disconnected like it usually does!

Grimachu, Nov 30, 2015
  11. Grimachu Win User
    Hey guys,
    The problem is back. I really don't even know what to do now. I've restarted the wifi, used the usb wifi, disconnected Norton...Sometimes Norton says there's a lot of outgoing data even though I'm not sending anything (purposely anyway).

If I delete Norton altogether will my computer survive with Windows 10s protection solely?

Grimachu, Dec 2, 2015
  12. Hi yes it should or try one of the other free ones going
    Avast is good but make sure you get the latest updated one
    Also make sure you remove all traces of Nortons with their uninstaller

hTconeM9user, Dec 2, 2015
  13. Grimachu Win User

Wifi+ win10= death of me

Thanks, now the Internet is better again. I'll try this for a couple of times, then reinstall Norton and if it continues I'll just have something else instead. Thanks for the help again!

Grimachu, Dec 2, 2015
  14. No problem just let us know how you get on.
    Always here to help if we can

hTconeM9user, Dec 2, 2015
  15. Grimachu Win User
    Well the Internet is down again. I tried the usb wifi again and it didn't help. The connector works with other computers so it's not fried. I do t get why the Wifi keeps disconnecting...all the other computers are just fine, so it must be something with win10 but I don't know what. I'm thinking of reinstalling Windows but this time doing a whole sweep so there's no photos etc. left on the computer, but I need to buy an another external hardrive for that. Any tips?

Grimachu, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Wifi+ win10= death of me

1. Wifi+ win10= death of me - Similar Threads - Wifi+ win10= death

2. Blue Screen of Death - Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death - Wifi Issue: Hi,I had previously posted regarding BSODs that I was receiving a few months ago. I took my computer to a repair shop and they replaced the motherboard. It had been working fine for a few weeks and then within an hour of getting back to my school's campus wifi, I had two more...
  3. Blue Screen of Death - Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death - Wifi Issue: Hi,I had previously posted regarding BSODs that I was receiving a few months ago. I took my computer to a repair shop and they replaced the motherboard. It had been working fine for a few weeks and then within an hour of getting back to my school's campus wifi, I had two more...
  4. Blue Screen of Death - Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Blue screen of death Win10. Random errors

Blue screen of death Win10. Random errors: Have an issue with blue screen of death. Win 10. It happend at least once per day. Errors almost always different. Store, memory, power etc. I've read about Driver Verifier and activated it like that: 1. Enable Driver Verifier Manager 2. Select "Create custom settings for...
  6. Blue Screen of Death after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death after Win10 upgrade: Home quarantine has led me to take care of somethings I should've long ago, including upgrading my pc from Win7 to Win10. First attempt caused the blue screen of death every 5 min or so. I went through, updated all drivers requiring updates, kept getting BSoD, so reverted...
  7. A cursor that will be the death of me yet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A cursor that will be the death of me yet: I have Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Not only does my cursor have a mind of its own and just jumps hither and yon, but often, and just now, when it 'jumped', about a half paragraph disappeared. I am sick of this and would appreciate clear instructions as to how to stop it...
  8. win10 WiFi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 WiFi hotspot: IPV4 No network access rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-wifi-hotspot/589083b3-4577-4c84-be86-28c8cd52029b
  9. Win10 black screen of death

Win10 black screen of death: Okay, so i have a Omen laptop (made by HP), and i was playing som games, the laptop was really slow wich it has really never been, so tabbed out to open the task manager, saw nothing special that took up the performance and therefore tabbed bacl in again. I should NOT have...
  10. WiFi usage win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi usage win10: When I look at WiFi usage, it says a massive amount of data is being used by osrdl.exe but I cannot figure out what this is, even by googling it or by searching the actual computer. The data amount mimics the amount of data being used by the browser, plus a small amount more....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winclub win10 fix

2. osrdl program windows 10 trouble