Windows 10: Wifi wont connect since latest update

Discus and support Wifi wont connect since latest update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping someone can hep here. I have an Asus 550C 64bit i5 and have been using fine for about a year. Originally W7 upgraded to 8.1 then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mugelbbub, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mugelbbub Win User

Wifi wont connect since latest update

Hi all,

Hoping someone can hep here.

I have an Asus 550C 64bit i5 and have been using fine for about a year. Originally W7 upgraded to 8.1 then a few months ago upgraded to W10 with no problems at all and have been ok with updates since until the most recent! Have been using the Wifi on my home network (BTHub5) with no problems at all until today!

The Wifi is on (Airplane mode is off) and it is seeing my and my neighbors wifi (along with BT Fon) BUT whereas it normally would connect automatically it will not connect to my Wifi at all. No settings or passwords have changed to my knowledge. No errors reported in Device manager. The Qualcomm Ateheros AR9485 says it is working properly and I have tried rebooting the router.

The update I ran today appears to be one KB3135174 dated 13/02/2016 (update history) which must have been sitting on the machine (not having been turned off for a while).

A wired connection works.

The troubleshooter says the Wifi is off, but it is not as it is seeing the available Wifi's!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this please?

:)

mugelbbub, Mar 13, 2016

2. Recent update, wifi issue

My acer r5-471t just recently updated to latest version of windows 10, now my wifi wont connect. It obviously works, as far as showing surrounding networks. But says "cant connect to this network". Called acer customer support, and they were useless. Its
    not my service provider, since other devices have no issue connecting. My laptop was working just fine up until the update.

robert d422, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 cant connect to internet

this is no help

-troubleshooter finds no problems,

wifi driver is the latest version.

and no wifi connection since windows update.

NickMcElwaine, Mar 13, 2016
  4. mugelbbub Win User

No Idea why but after hours of frustration and trial and error it is working again!

Thanks for anyone that took an interest.

mugelbbub, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Wifi wont connect since latest update - Similar Threads - Wifi wont connect

2. Pc wont connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont connect to WiFi: My pc connected to the WiFi fine yesterday but today when I woke up and tried to go on my oc it wouldn't connected. It comes up with no WiFi network found even though I have set up a network. Iv tried command prompt, iv run troubleshooting for the network adapter it comes up...
  3. Pc wont connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc wont connect to WiFi: My pc connected to the WiFi fine yesterday but today when I woke up and tried to go on my oc it wouldn't connected. It comes up with no WiFi network found even though I have set up a network. Iv tried command prompt, iv run troubleshooting for the network adapter it comes up...
  4. I have connectivity problems since the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have connectivity problems since the latest update: Hello guys, I need your help! I've patched my Windows version today and since that, my internet is struggling in terms of connectivity. For example I can open and browse through Google without any problems, but when I click on a link which should redirect me to an external...
  5. Wifi wont automatically connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi wont automatically connect: So I have had my computer for about half a year, and that whole time, my internet would not automatically connect. I run Windows 10, and yes, i know that there is an option that should let my computer connect to the internet automatically, but that setting is not working, so...
  6. Can’t use WiFi since latest Windows update

Can’t use WiFi since latest Windows update: I’m unable to use wifi on my Toshiba laptop since I ran the latest Windows update. I’ve been through all the troubleshooting steps (twice!) with no luck. Wifi is good on all other devices and internet works fine when I connect with a cable. I’ve no idea what to do next -...
  7. Laptop wont connect to wifi

Laptop wont connect to wifi: Hey there, whenever I shutdown my laptop and open it again for like 10 mins or so, it fails to scan for our wifi connection when a few minutes ago it connected. I have: * done so many network reset just to make it work. * uninstalled my network driver then putting it...
  8. After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On

After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On: There was an update 3 days ago. After update, i restarted my laptop and wifi cant turn back on. There is red x. As soon as i try to turn it on it goes back off. So i tried everything on this community it just didnt work. Install driver uninstall driver like you know and...
  9. Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.: Since the latest Window's 10 up-date, I have been un-able to connect to the wifi at either my work or home router unless I am 20 cm from the gizmo. I have tried the resets and the advice provided by the virtual assistant to no avail, please help. ***Changed Original Title...
  10. Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update

Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update: Last time I visited my uni library I was unable to connect to the wifi network, even tho it worked perfectly fine the previous time. The only thing I can think of that has changed in the interim is this new Win10 update. Can anyone think of any reason why Win10 might have...