Windows 10: Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install?

Discus and support Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently activated my free upgrade and chose to transfer over my programs, configurations, etc. After doing this, my boot time went from around 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexanderJ, May 25, 2016.

1. Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install?

I recently activated my free upgrade and chose to transfer over my programs, configurations, etc. After doing this, my boot time went from around 20 seconds to 1:15. I want to try a clean install but only if I still have the option to revert back to my 7 OS with all of my programs and settings intact.

:)

AlexanderJ, May 25, 2016

2. Can my PC run windows 10 if I do a clean install?

You must start the setup within your earlier windows.A clean install does not qualify for a free upgrade.You will end up with activation issues if you do a clean install.

Just Double click that ISO file and launch setup.exe.

The answer to your compatibility problem is in the following thread:

NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a

So it is up to you if you want to upgrade.Also note that after the upgrade you can revert back to your previous version of Windows within 30 days.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 25, 2016
  3. AltinL Win User
    Can my PC run windows 10 if I do a clean install?

I wanted to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to windows 10 but the Windows 10 app says that my PC cant run that version of windows because it doesn't meet the system requirements.

Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install? [​IMG]

The problem is "NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a.

It says "The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support.

All updates are installed. At least all updates that Windows Update shows. Only the optimal languages aren't downloaded.

I checked for updates on GeForce too but the driver version of my hardware was up to date.

But I used the MediaCreationTool and downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file, burned it into a DVD Drive and wanted to know if my PC will work if I make a clean install of Windows 10 from my DVD Drive even my display driver isn't compatible. My display driver
    version is only 309.08 and the version needed for Windows 10 is at least 320.

Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install? [​IMG]

What is the best thing to do? Upgrade to Windows 10 or keep Windows 7?

AltinL, May 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install?

Clean install keeps nothing. If you want to be able to revert back to Windows 7, you need to do it now, make a backup image of your Windows 7 then do the clean install. If you want to return to Windows 7 after that then you would restore the backup image you made.

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install?

1. Will 10 Save My 7 Configuration If I Do a Clean Install? - Similar Threads - Save Configuration Clean

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7: So I thought it would be cool to install windows 7 on a bootable usb on my main hard drive but it wasn't. How do I get windows 10 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-windows-10-after-doing-a-clean/e9fd6bbb-68cd-4ab4-bb98-c6a2225eb31a
  5. How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7

How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7: So I thought it would be cool to install windows 7 on a bootable usb on my main hard drive but it wasn't. How do I get windows 10 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-windows-10-after-doing-a-clean/e9fd6bbb-68cd-4ab4-bb98-c6a2225eb31a
  6. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  7. clean install windows 7

clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  8. Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.: Hi everyone! I want to do a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 (UEFI mode) on a newly assembled PC. The only connected drive (boot drive (C:)) is the Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD-512GB. I will connect the SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe-1TB as a data drive (D:) after the OS...
  9. Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine: Hi- New here, but was a member on Seven Forums for years... I've a couple of questions regarding a clean Windows 10 (1909) install on a Windows 7 Pro based machine. I'm going to leave W7 on the SSD that it's on now, but remove SSD and install a new one for Windows 10....
  10. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092