Windows 10: will 8.1 backups still work

Discus and support will 8.1 backups still work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good morning, I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 2harts4ever, Aug 9, 2015.

1. will 8.1 backups still work

Good morning,

I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after upgrading to Win10?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Aug 9, 2015
  2. jvbs Win User

My Win 7 upgraded to 10 computer died, new computer is Win 8 that I've upgraded to 10, how can I restore the Win 7 back up files?

Answered on the "How To Geek" forum. Worked perfectly.

How to Restore Windows 7 Backups on Windows 8.1 or 10

Windows 8 offered support for restoring Windows 7 backups, but Microsoft removed this feature in Windows 8.1. There’s still a way to restore your files from Windows 7 backups on Windows 8.1 or 10, but it’ll
    take a bit more work.

jvbs, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Will programs I currently have still work or will this update delete? (i.e., Microsoft Office)

I purchased Microsoft Office 2013. Will the update delete this or will it still be loaded on my computer?

LISAGAWITH, Aug 9, 2015
  4. will 8.1 backups still work

Maybe! Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I cloned my system to a removable hard drive. I ran into problems with the Windows 10 upgrade so I cloned back from my removable hard drive to my drive C:. Windows 8.1 Pro started up and everything seemed to be working fine until it stopped working fine. *cry I ended up doing a clean install of Windows 10.

Right now this Windows 10 system seems very stable and everything I need installed and updated. If I need to go back to Windows 8.1 for anything, I will disconnect the Internet and boot from my removable drive.

alkaufmann, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Hi alkaufmann ,

I appreciate your answer and hope you have a good day. I'll just keep my fingers crossed when I take the plunge.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

will 8.1 backups still work

1. will 8.1 backups still work - Similar Threads - backups still

2. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  3. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  4. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd: I am planning on upgrading my m.2 ssd from 512gb to 1000gb and if I install the new ssd without backing up will I still have windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-backup-my-old-ssd-to-still-have/d70a7ecc-554f-4da3-9271-bf5c8e8da0bf
  6. Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd

Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd: I am planning on upgrading my m.2 ssd from 512gb to 1000gb and if I install the new ssd without backing up will I still have windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-backup-my-old-ssd-to-still-have/d70a7ecc-554f-4da3-9271-bf5c8e8da0bf
  7. If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop...: I am new to OneDrive, so please forgive me if my question is quite stupid: If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop C:\Users, or completely moved to OneDrive?...
  8. If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop...

If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop...: I am new to OneDrive, so please forgive me if my question is quite stupid: If I backup sync my files to OneDrive, will the files still available in my laptop C:\Users, or completely moved to OneDrive?...
  9. Can I still go to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after 10 Days period if I have a backup of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still go to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after 10 Days period if I have a backup of...: The subject itself is self explanatory, pls help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-go-to-windows-10-from-windows-11-after/29b7f958-2a90-45ce-9992-56b50bed303a
  10. Can I still go to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after 10 Days period if I have a backup of...

Can I still go to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after 10 Days period if I have a backup of...: The subject itself is self explanatory, pls help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-go-to-windows-10-from-windows-11-after/29b7f958-2a90-45ce-9992-56b50bed303a