Windows 10: will 8.1 backups still work

Discus and support will 8.1 backups still work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good morning, I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 2harts4ever, Aug 9, 2015.

1. will 8.1 backups still work

Good morning,

I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after upgrading to Win10?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Aug 9, 2015
  2. jvbs Win User

My Win 7 upgraded to 10 computer died, new computer is Win 8 that I've upgraded to 10, how can I restore the Win 7 back up files?

Answered on the "How To Geek" forum. Worked perfectly.

How to Restore Windows 7 Backups on Windows 8.1 or 10

Windows 8 offered support for restoring Windows 7 backups, but Microsoft removed this feature in Windows 8.1. There’s still a way to restore your files from Windows 7 backups on Windows 8.1 or 10, but it’ll
    take a bit more work.

jvbs, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Will programs I currently have still work or will this update delete? (i.e., Microsoft Office)

I purchased Microsoft Office 2013. Will the update delete this or will it still be loaded on my computer?

LISAGAWITH, Aug 9, 2015
  4. will 8.1 backups still work

Maybe! Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I cloned my system to a removable hard drive. I ran into problems with the Windows 10 upgrade so I cloned back from my removable hard drive to my drive C:. Windows 8.1 Pro started up and everything seemed to be working fine until it stopped working fine. *cry I ended up doing a clean install of Windows 10.

Right now this Windows 10 system seems very stable and everything I need installed and updated. If I need to go back to Windows 8.1 for anything, I will disconnect the Internet and boot from my removable drive.

alkaufmann, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Hi alkaufmann ,

I appreciate your answer and hope you have a good day. I'll just keep my fingers crossed when I take the plunge.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

will 8.1 backups still work

1. will 8.1 backups still work - Similar Threads - backups still

2. Backup & repair disk of PC with external HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup & repair disk of PC with external HDD: Suppose want to create a System Image ISO and a repair disk or thumb drive for a Windows 10 PC that has an external drive containing data that doesn't need to be backed backed up. Should I disconnect the external drive before the doing the backup & repair disk and then...
  3. If I save to OneDrive can I sync backup to my PC/laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I save to OneDrive can I sync backup to my PC/laptop?: I save all my files to OneDrive but I used to have a sync backup to my pc/laptop. Is this still available or is it best to just save my onedrive to a hard drive that is connected by a USB?...
  4. Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine?: I was doing Windows backup because I had an issue I want to solve, but don't want to lose the entire system while doing so. But when the backup is finished, Windows told me that they skipped some files because they are corrupted, and gave me a log file: Windows Backup...
  5. I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr_Awsome7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic2an1/i_have_turned_on_screenshot_backup_in_onedrive/
  6. i used a backup but my pc is still wonky

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i used a backup but my pc is still wonky: So somehow my files on my pc got deleted. and i learned i should make a backup on a different device. My pc has an Msi motherboard and the backup i used is from an Acer keyboard. Since i used the backup my pc now used laptop applications and such and thinks its a laptop! Is...
  7. Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?: My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent performance. Of course, it came with the WD backup software. I keep seeing high praise for Macrium Reflect. Is this still the case,...
  8. Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?: My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent performance. Of course, it came with the WD backup software. I keep seeing high praise for Macrium Reflect. Is this still the case,...
  9. Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?): Hi All, I need some decent computer backup software, recently I've been using Aoemi, but have had issues with it and decided to leave it. I am absolutely paranoid with my data, my main concern is personal data, windows and software can always been reinstalled. I was...
  10. Should I Still Backup With Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should I Still Backup With Macrium?: I'm a bit confused guys as to whether I should still use Macrium to make an image. If I already have a Bootable USB Flash Drive with FCU (1709) on it which I made using MCT to get the ISO and Rufus to make the Bootable, why would I need to make a system image in Macrium?...