Windows 10: will a factory reset wipe out my current windows 10

Discus and support will a factory reset wipe out my current windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i recently purchased a laptop that came with windows 10 and a free year of office 365. however, since the laptop only has 32 gb of space and i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nanci3162, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Nanci3162 Win User

will a factory reset wipe out my current windows 10

i recently purchased a laptop that came with windows 10 and a free year of office 365. however, since the laptop only has 32 gb of space and i was downloading other things, now i want to reset the laptop to how it came and start over in order to save space on hard drive. if i do a factory reset will it wipe out my windows 10 where i will have to purchase it? i created accounts for windows and office. will PC Decrapify wipe out windows 10?

:)

Nanci3162, Jul 24, 2018

2. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 24, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 24, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. will a factory reset wipe out my current windows 10 - Similar Threads - factory reset wipe

2. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?: Hi,I did a Windows 10 reset as below. Did the process wipe out the manufactures drivers? Thanks for any information.Start -> Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove everything -> Local reinstall Remove apps and setting but keep personal files.Tony...
  3. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?: Hi,I did a Windows 10 reset as below. Did the process wipe out the manufactures drivers? Thanks for any information.Start -> Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove everything -> Local reinstall Remove apps and setting but keep personal files.Tony...
  4. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  5. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 wiped out all of my Apps and reset to factory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 wiped out all of my Apps and reset to factory.: Help! The auto update for feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 wiped out all my MS Office Apps, Quickbooks Pro and reset to factory. I realoaded all the apps and reinstalled from local backup Quiickbooks only to have 2 days later the update for 2020-07 Cumulative...
  7. Reset Windows Wipe out D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset Windows Wipe out D drive: Split from this thread. Dear Clark I have the same issue. When I was resetting the windows I explicitly selected "wipe out only the partition with Windows" which was my DISC C. I moved all my files to DISC D which had no windows and which I assumed would not be wiped out....
  8. After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...: I did a complete wipe of my Windows 10 laptop. Everything was gone. I needed a clean slate. Five days later my personal settings reverted back to the previous personal settings just before the reset. Even the picture that came back was completely erased from the device, yet...
  9. Windows 10 wiped out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wiped out: I recently sat down at my SONY VAIO running WIndows 10 and on the screen was the msg WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 Press Enter to Install As I did not want to install WS2012 R2 I rebooted the box. After that it tried to reboot over and over for then next several hours and I...
  10. Windows 10 power out during factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 power out during factory reset: So basically my computer has ceased to function on the latest windows 10 update, 100% disk usage is occurring at all times leaving the computer inoperable and I've found that reverting it to factory settings and not updating fixes that. Well the other night I clicked on...