Windows 10: Will a memory upgrade help ?

Discus and support Will a memory upgrade help ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Original system shipped with: Installed Memory8GB (4GB x 2) Max. Memory 16GB Memory Type/SpeedDDR3/1600MHz And I upgraded to : CORSAIR Vengeance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by idainc, Feb 18, 2016.

1. idainc Win User

Will a memory upgrade help ?

Original system shipped with:
    Installed Memory8GB (4GB x 2)
    Max. Memory 16GB
    Memory Type/SpeedDDR3/1600MHz
    And I upgraded to : CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory Upgrade Kit Model CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10 - Newegg.com (16GB)
    It’s a SONY all in one with a Intel®Core™ i7-3610QM and a Samsung 850 SSD. Really happy with it all so far. Very stable.
    One question - Is there anything to be gained by upgrading the memory again? And if so – to what and will I see adifference beyond a modestly higher numerical improvement ?

TIA.

:)

idainc, Feb 18, 2016

2. HELP - regarding MESSAGES , will help my WORK a lot !

Hi guys,

I'm NOKIA C6-00 users, use it heavily on MESSAGES MANAGEMENT (SMS - GATEWAY) for communicating with customers.

How can I change NUMBER-ID to CONTACT-ID after I SAVE-CONTACT the MESSAGE from that one person.

FOR EXAMPLE:

--------------------------------------------

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

( I save the MESSAGES number and given the name : Mr.David , but when i look back, the MESSAGES still shows his number not contact-id. The NEXT messages from him work normally, shown his contact-id : Mr.David )

Can anyone solve this problem ???

Tolong dong ada yang bisa bantu ?

Thanks !

AlatSetrumTikus, Feb 18, 2016
  3. HELP - regarding MESSAGES , will help my WORK a lot & loving my Nokia more.

Hi guys,

I'm NOKIA C6-00 users, use it heavily on MESSAGES MANAGEMENT (SMS - GATEWAY) for communicating with customers.

How can I change NUMBER-ID to CONTACT-ID after I SAVE-CONTACT the MESSAGE from that one person.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

( I save the MESSAGES number and given the name : Mr.David , but when i look back, the MESSAGES still shows his number not contact-id. The NEXT messages from him work normally, shown his contact-id : Mr.David )

Can anyone solve this problem ???

Thanks !

Moderator's note: Non-English text removed from post. Please only use English in these Discussion Boards...

AlatSetrumTikus, Feb 18, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

This would be money thrown out of the window. There would be quasi no efffect.

5. idainc Win User
    Thanks. I suspect the system is maxed out and with Windows 10 its really doing quite well. Too bad 10 doesn't have a Windows Experience score to quantify it.

idainc, Feb 18, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Main index is when you are happy with the system performance. What do you care about all these nums that other people have defined as important.

7. idainc Win User
    Always driven to a faster machine somehow. Since 1988. But somehow as configured this machine when the software has been kept clean and updated seems to do just fine. I use it to render in CAD so all 8 "cores" really knocks a lot of time off when I need it. The SSD in Rapid Mode is really quite efficient.

Oh well, I'll save the money.

idainc, Feb 18, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

The real measure is whether your software gets into virtual memory much. (As evidenced by the HD activity light. There may be a better way to tell.) If that doesn't happen, adding RAM won't be worthwhile. If VM is regularly invoked, then go for the additional RAM.

(I've done that a little lately, but it took a few 8192 square complex FFTs, which each need about 0.5 GB. The machine only had 16 GB, so...)

bobkn, Feb 18, 2016
  9. idainc Win User
    Under max load )OS / App / Render mode) I don't even get near VM. And if I ever did its on the SSD. I'll leave well enough alone. Now - for a faster SSD ?

idainc, Feb 18, 2016
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Before you venture into a faster SSD (if that exists) make sure you have the attachments that can handle a faster transfer rate.

11. idainc Win User
    I suspect I may be at the end of the road with this machine. I also suspect if I go to a faster CPU and memory I may not se and perceived difference between what I have now and the new one. And after lots of work trying to get the new one up to speed.

Surprisingly, every new NVidia update seems to give it a new perceived speed.

idainc, Feb 18, 2016
  12. Windows 10 does have the Experience score. How to find it is simple: How to find the Windows Experience Index in Windows 8/ 10.

After you have found the experience score xml file the new experience score will look like this:

><SystemScore>8</SystemScore><MemoryScore>8.5</MemoryScore><CpuScore>8.5</CpuScore><CPUSubAggScore>8.4</CPUSubAggScore><VideoEncodeScore>8.5</VideoEncodeScore><GraphicsScore>8.8</GraphicsScore><Dx9SubScore>9.9</Dx9SubScore><Dx10SubScore>9.9</Dx10SubScore><GamingScore>9.9</GamingScore><StdDefPlaybackScore>TRUE</StdDefPlaybackScore><HighDefPlaybackScore>TRUE</HighDefPlaybackScore><DiskScore>8</DiskScore><LimitsApplied><GamingScore><LimitApplied Friendly="We no longer run the D3D test. Returned scores and metrics are hardcoded sentinel values.">NoD3DTestRun</LimitApplied></GamingScore></LimitsApplied></

lopedoggie, Feb 18, 2016
  13. Will a memory upgrade help ?

The really answer is in what you do with the system. If you can track that you fill up your physical memory and the system is resorting to paging a lot, you would benefit from more memory. If not, it's wasted money. Same thing for the SSD. That's a very fast SSD, so aside from replacing it with an expensive NVME drive, you likely wouldn't notice any difference.

If you are a gamer, you could look into a video card upgrade, depending on what you have and what games you play. If not, you are most likely best suited to bank the money for something else.

DeaconFrost, Feb 18, 2016
  14. idainc Win User
    WEI looks like this:

Will a memory upgrade help ? [​IMG]

idainc, Feb 18, 2016
  15. dhuhtala Win User
    I build custom computers - mainly gaming computers as a hobby/side business. Even if you get the fastest memory you can find and it was double the speed of what you're replacing, you won't get any noticeable performance increase on anything except some benchmarks. It's not noticeable. I gave up tweaking memory years ago - there's no point! It usually makes the system unstable if you overclock it too.

If you want to make a dramatic performance improvement on your computer, buy an SSD Drive and install Windows on it - use a second drive for storage if you can. If you can't run two hard drives (like on a laptop), then get an SSHD hard drive - you can get a 1 TB mechanical drive with an integrated 8 or 16 GB SSD drive on the controller. It makes a huge improvement that's very noticeable!

If you play games, upgrade your video card - another huge improvement.

Most everything else is a waste of money - even processor upgrades don't provide as much improvement as a new HD or video card.

dhuhtala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will a memory upgrade help ? - Similar Threads - memory upgrade help

2. Memory Integrity help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity help?: My memory integrity will not turn on. I have no drivers listed that are incompatible. It seems like quite a few people may be having this problem. Can someone advise me on what to do? Thank you :...
  3. Memory Integrity help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Integrity help?: My memory integrity will not turn on. I have no drivers listed that are incompatible. It seems like quite a few people may be having this problem. Can someone advise me on what to do? Thank you :...
  4. Help with Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Virtual Memory: Help with Virtual Memory A while back I watched a video on how to speed up boot times for my PC and one of the things the guy said to do was to change your virtual memory. Ever since I did that my PC has had constent WiFi jittering and just feels overall slow. I tried to...
  5. Memory upgrade - worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory upgrade - worth it?: I’ve a Dell Latitude 5490 with 8GB of RAM. This has an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics card which uses the main RAM for it’s memory. The 8GB is using one of the 2 DDR4 2400 slots. I’m running this on two displays - a 4K monitor and the built-in Full HD LCD display....
  6. Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?: First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I am wondering if it is just an old (2014) mb, processor, etc.. Please take a look at my specs page for build info. OR, would...
  7. Memory Dump help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Dump help: Enclosed is my memory dump output. I am running OBS, TrackIR, Tobii, GoXLR, AsusTweak II, Discord, ElgatoStream deck and lights, VoiceAttack, Restream.io chat, Edge Browser. I can stream all day with nothing bad happening, then out of the blue I get a BSOD. Previous blue...
  8. Trying to upgrade Memory with Win 10_1909...need help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade Memory with Win 10_1909...need help.: I originally purchased Windows 10 ver. 1803 but over time I've updated and now run Win 10 ver. 1909. I'm trying to install 16 GB of RAM on my computer because the 8 GB I'm currently running is beginning to get slow for some of the apps I am running. Would someone, please,...
  9. upgrading memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    upgrading memory: Good Day All Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user upgradeable) the part i want to upgrade is the qty 8 to 16 plus the MHz it say's 1600MHz but can this part be raised ? and would...
  10. Help with Memory.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help with Memory.: I have had this problem since I reinstalled Win 10 x64 2 weeks ago. These numbers where approximately the same before this last forced update. I have done some research, seems like everybody has the same problem but not to my extent. I know hardware reserves a bunch,...