Windows 10: Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows?

Discus and support Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Im now running 32 bit with with 64 bit based cpu and I have 2gb of ram. Will it speed up my tablet??? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AR2111, Jul 18, 2018.

1. AR2111 Win User

Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows?

Hello.

Im now running 32 bit with with 64 bit based cpu and I have 2gb of ram.

Will it speed up my tablet???

Thanks

:)

AR2111, Jul 18, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Netbook, 64-bit or 32-bit?

The only real test would be trying 32 bit Windows 10 and seeing if it ends up being faster in practice [a test that would take quite a bit of your limited time].

I get the impression that you are aware that
    2GB RAM are required for the 64 bit version
    whereas a minimum of 1GB is required for the 32 bit version. So your choice is between

• getting the benefit of 64 bit processing but limited by the invalid RAM size, or
    • foregoing the 64 bit processing benefit in order to fulfil the minimum RAM requirement.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows?

Performance - 32 Bit Vs 64 Bit

Greetings:

• I am running Windows 10 / 32 bit
    • My computer is a 64 bit CPU with 5Gb Memory
    • I use mostly MS Office Applications and a bit of photo and video editing.
    Question:

1) Will my system operate much faster if I upgrade to Windows 10 / 64 Bit?

I can upgrade at no cost since I have the Original CD of Windows 7 /64

2) Would yo do it if you were in my place?

Thanks

Baha Habashy, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows?

1. Will be my tablet faster with 64 bit windows? - Similar Threads - tablet faster bit

2. 64 bit windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit windows: I have a 64bit-operating system but I'm only running 32bit windows, i need help updating that please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-windows/ada1af53-122b-4522-80ee-e3206056ca73
  3. 64 bit windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit windows: I have a 64bit-operating system but I'm only running 32bit windows, i need help updating that please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-windows/ada1af53-122b-4522-80ee-e3206056ca73
  4. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  5. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  6. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  7. 64-bit Windows

64-bit Windows: I'd like to verify if my hardware can support the 64-bit Windows 10. What should I check? If I have a valid Windows install, will there be an issue with the Microsoft account if I reinstall with the 64-bit ISO as long as my hardware supports it? thanks...
  8. 64 bits

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bits: How can I play older pc games on a 64 bit windows? None of them will load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bits/b1eedd07-2134-4b35-a533-c1ff77d64d10
  9. 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    64 BIT: how do i change to a 64 bit os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/64-bit/841df499-3216-4aa0-b30c-6d666638c63a
  10. Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?: You may have asked yourself which version of Windows 10 you’ll be receiving when the update rolls in around July 29th 2015. Here are the answers. Skip the introduction if you know the difference already. What’s the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows? 32 and 64 bit...