Windows 10: Will bluetooth be viable for gaming some day?

Discus and support Will bluetooth be viable for gaming some day? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I like the idea of having all my wireless devices connected to one USB adapter, my mouse, keyboard, headphones and smartphone. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Will bluetooth be viable for gaming some day?

I like the idea of having all my wireless devices connected to one USB adapter, my mouse, keyboard, headphones and smartphone. The problem is that bluetooth is very unreliable from my experience, and has a much bigger delay than regular 5ghz devices.

Do you guys think that bluetooth will be viable for gaming some day?

:)

Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018
  2. TirithOne Win User

Storage Card Update.

Well side loading only allows me to pre download the apps, which is fine, but I'm more concerned with the data inside the apps, for example save game or progress in games; not the game it self.

Moving the games\apps to the phone should be a viable option, as I still have a good amount of space on the phone. However, in the future this might not be so viable.

would using a software package that does a bit level copy of one sd card to another also copy these hidden files?

TirithOne, Mar 31, 2018
  3. When will bluetooth 4.0 be available for Nokia lumia 920 ?

It will be available when Nokia announces it's update plans for current models. Until they announce anything all we can do is guess, my guess is early December.

It's expected that more will be known next week so you should keep checking Nokia's official blog for more information:
    Web Server's Default Page

psychomania---01, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

Depends on what the users definiton of gaming. For casual use? Sure. For" high-end" precision-gaming and e-sports? Nope. Personally I'm using cords on everything.

Faith, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Cerawy Win User
    I was thinking semi-competitive gaming mostly.

Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    I think the USB adaptor would have to be a self powered one in order to get enough to power all the devices.

swarfega, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Cerawy Win User
    What do you mean?

Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

USB adaptors that plug into the mains.

swarfega, Mar 31, 2018
  9. Cerawy Win User
    Okay, that seems a bit weird. I was thinking about usb bluetooth devices you connect to your computer.

Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    Bluetooth is far too slow.

cereberus, Mar 31, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    Bluetooth 4.0: What is it, and does it matter? - CNET
    BT works at same frequency as WiFi 2.4GHz range so it should in theory be just as fast but more complicated protocols are keeping them down for wider range of uses. It might get faster if like WiFi goes to 5GHz range but I doubt it will happen. Other technologies are coming up like LiFi Li-Fi - Wikipedia

CountMike, Apr 1, 2018
  12. Cerawy Win User
    I notice that i get a significant delay with bluetooth that i dont get with 2.4/5ghz devices.

Seems to be an article about iphones and how bluetooth affects their batteries. I don't really use them.

Cerawy, Apr 1, 2018
  13. CountMike New Member

Apple has started many trends, who knows, it may catch on.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will bluetooth be viable for gaming some day? - Similar Threads - bluetooth viable gaming

2. Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games: My bluetooth audio gets distorted for some games like Cyberpunk and Red Dead but it's sounds fine with Dark souls 3 and Sekiro. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/kiddfrommars [link] [comments]...
  3. SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!: My objective is to maintain my secondary laptop computer so that if my primary desktop computer dies or if I lose my Internet connection, I can continue work. I put all my critical files in a "Sync Data" folder on the desktop of both computers, and when I change anything, I...
  4. Utilizing VM for programming env?? viable??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Utilizing VM for programming env?? viable??: I have a PC thats for gaming but i want to have another enviroment for web dev stuff. i went for VM because is portable and less hussle when switching if i want to game quickly. I made a PopOs VM with 8GB and 4 cores but the mouse is laggy and i cant fullscreen to get the...
  5. Some Games Are Not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Games Are Not working.: Some days ago My motherboard was giving me the problem. when i notice this, I just changed my motherboard,re-install my windows 10.But After this when i re installed my all games, a lot of them are not working. 1 of my game gave me this error. Video card or driver doesn't...
  6. Lost some games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost some games: I've recently switched over to PC after playing on console for years and I've noticed a lot of my games that I bought would port over, the only game that did was, sea of thieves thankfully but the thing is that I've bought other games such as Dead by Daylight and Black ops 4....
  7. No sound in some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in some games: I know that this isn't a Microsoft question, and I'm sorry, I've asked on all forums and I haven't came up with answers yet. I need help. Games like: Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Ravenfield, Borderlands 2, Battlefield V and etc. There are more games that I just haven't...
  8. Bluestacks freezes after some day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluestacks freezes after some day: Hii, I am using Bluestacks from the last few days. It works fine but suddenly yesterday it freezes and my windows slow down. Please provide a fix to this....
  9. Some games advice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games advice?: I have got a few quid to spend on some steam and/or origin games. There are some games I'd like to try but some of them have sequels. I know sequels don't necessarily mean better. I only really want to one version of that type of game so I just wondered what you guys thought...
  10. Bluetooth Headset not working on some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset not working on some games: Hi folks, I have a set of Swage 2 Bluetooth Headphones by Rokit Boost. They work great on most games, and on a few I just have to disable the mic in the game settings and then the audio will work wonderfully. However, there are a couple of games which don't play well...