Windows 10: Will Classic Shell work in Win10

Discus and support Will Classic Shell work in Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP? 2047 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jacatone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jacatone Win User

Will Classic Shell work in Win10

Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP?

:)

jacatone, Oct 2, 2014
  2. MiltonHey Win User

Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Tinyspace Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes randomly caused by ntdll.dll and windows.storage.dll

The "Classic Shell" Startbutton made these problems at my computer after update to win10.

After uninstalling there where no more crashes of the explorer.exe

Tinyspace, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Will Classic Shell work in Win10

JDobbsy1987, Oct 2, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    Yes it does. I installed the latest version this morning.

LittleJay, Oct 2, 2014
  6. tedabba Win User
    Classic Shell working fine here.

tedabba, Oct 2, 2014
  7. hb860 Win User
    It is actively developed, so it will work for sure.

hb860, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will Classic Shell work in Win10

1. Will Classic Shell work in Win10 - Similar Threads - Classic Shell Win10

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. Classic Shell Start Menu not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell Start Menu not Working: So about an hour ago I was searching up "how to make windows 10 feel more like windows 7" and one of the guides told me to create a shortcut with the classic personalization window. When I opened it, I proceeded to click the "synchronized theme" which changed my desktop...
  6. classic shell configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic shell configuration: hi , I turn on my HP laptop entitled Splitx2 and the following two things happen; 1. I get a message that says " classic shell needs to configure itself for new operating system." 2. When I hit ok on that screen then a next one pops up and says "ADministrator has...
  7. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  8. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  9. Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10

Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10: I would like to use Classic Shell with Windows 10. A search of the web found an article entitled something like "Microsoft Blocks Classic Shell" and I didn't understand all of it.. What is the experience with using Classic Shell with Windows 10? Thank you. 47676
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975