Windows 10: Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

Discus and support Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly. However, the administrator account has... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nordel, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Nordel Win User

Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly.
    However, the administrator account has become progressively less stable. I'd like to delete it and replace it with a fresh account. How can I do this without losing the local accounts?

:)

Nordel, Apr 16, 2017

2. Can I delete (or move to other drive) the Admin Account?

We highly advise that you do not delete the files and folders in your administrator account. Deleting those files and folders can corrupt your administrator account. They are important settings and files for the programs that are installed on all of the
    user accounts on your computer. If you want to delete the files in that user folder, you also need to delete the account itself to avoid issues within your system. You could create a new administrator account, if you decide to delete your administrator account.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 16, 2017
  3. How can I change administrator when there is no family and other users link to delete the present administrator

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Note: It is not recommended to delete the administrator account in Windows. If you want to delete the administrator account, you need to have at least one administrator account in Windows.

First try to create one new Local user account in Windows 10.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

After creating the local user account, follow the above steps to assign the local user account as admin.

Once this is done login through the new user account you have created.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      control panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Click on Manage other account.

• Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted.

• Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account).

• Click on Delete the account.

• Click on Delete the files.
    Now the administrator account will be deleted (Microsoft admin account). You may try to login through Local user you have created.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Don't confuse the Administrator account [usually hidden] with an account with Administrative Rights. The hidden account shouldn't be deleted, probably can't be.

Most likely the main account's Profile has become corrupt. I've seen such cases, and in Control Panel while logged into that account, have created a new one with Administrative Rights, rebooted and logged into the new account then deleted the original saving the documents. Usually did not affect the second account but never did it with more than that.

Berton, Apr 16, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    You must NEVER delete the only administrator account, else you'll not be able to manage your PC or make new accounts.

You can delete an administrator without affecting any other accounts - but make sure you have another administrator first! You can make any (or all) of the accounts you created an administrator.
    Change Account Type in Windows 10

The built-in Administrator cannot be deleted, but you shouldn't be using that as your main account anyway.

6. I was just thinking about this the other day. My question is along the same lines as I have a PC that had/has an old Admin user on it, but they got a new computer, so I gave the old one to another family member who also has Admin rights. If I delete the original Admin user will all their files/folders/programs be deleted also, and then the PC will be left with just the fresh new Admin user? I know I can try it to find out, but I was just wondering before hand.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 17, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Yes, logging into the user desired to keep that has Administrative rights will allow that user deleting any others and will give a choice to keep or delete those users' files.

Berton, Apr 17, 2017
  8. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

Thank you!

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 17, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I always create a second reserve admin account on my PCs so it is ready to use should I have problems with my main admin account.

Steve C, Apr 17, 2017
  10. Nordel Win User
    Thanks to all who replied.

I used Berton's and Bree's replies in particular and changed one of my regular accounts to administrator level. My wobbly administrator account may or may not continue.

The takeaway for me: in administrator security, solo is a no-no.

Mark this thread as closed!

Nordel, Apr 17, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Good, you got it working.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it? - Similar Threads - deleting administrator user

2. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted: I had two administrator accounts once and i deleted one of them but when i went into my user folder the administartor user folder the account i deleted was still there and i'm not sure to delete it or not. all I need is a yes or no....
  3. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted: I had two administrator accounts once and i deleted one of them but when i went into my user folder the administartor user folder the account i deleted was still there and i'm not sure to delete it or not. all I need is a yes or no....
  4. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Administrator Account: I am trying to reset my whole entire computer. I want to delete an administrator account and make my account the primary. It doesn't give me the option on this computer. I have done it on 2 other laptops with no problems, please help....
  6. Administrator account deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account deleted: I have removed the administrator rights from the administrator user by mistake. Now I am left with only standard user and I am not able to do any activity wherein administrative rights are required. I can see in users folder the administrator user name but not able to access...
  7. administrator user account deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user account deleted: accidentally windows administrator user account deleted now I am not able to install or uninstall any apps because administrator permission option is not showing for installing or uninstalling...
  8. Delete administrator account

Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  9. delete administrator account

delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  10. Administrator account deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account deleted: I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as...