Windows 10: Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Discus and support Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Petar Nikolic Win User

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... aa819041-bd04-4ec7-aa5b-f21d39c11780?upload=true.png Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... 0ba55d28-0452-4b82-9856-880dcb7d0196?upload=true.png

Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?

:)

Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018
  2. MichaelYapriadi Win User

Does Fresh Start Affects Partition?

I have two partitions. One for the Windows OS and the other one is for the backup data. I am currently planning to do fresh start. My question is, does fresh start delete my data on the other partition too?

Thanks Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... :)

MichaelYapriadi, Jul 12, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2018
  4. SoulImmolator Win User

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Windows 10 upgrade and fresh install

Hello everyone,

I have an 2 year old ASUS laptop witch came with windows 8 already installed. It has all the partitions made by the manufacturer, the OS, DATA and hidden recovery partitions. I was wondering if i can do a a clean and fresh install on my laptop without all
    the partitions it has, meaning removing ALL the partitions and erasing the hard drive COMPLETELY so i can do my own partitions and install windows 10 from scratch.

If this is possible could you give a step by step guide on how to do it and what precautions i need to take?

SoulImmolator, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... - Similar Threads - doing Fresh Start

2. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  3. How can I Fresh Start Windows 10 (install) without deleting partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I Fresh Start Windows 10 (install) without deleting partitions: Hi, Due to a JS Miner AA that created havoc on my system I´ll have to reinstall Windows 10. All I´ve seen about the new Fresh Start feature does not inform me if Ill have a choice of installing in whatever partition I choose. My disk is a 3 Therabyte WD and has 9 primary...
  4. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  5. fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    fresh start: in my laptop the windows showing that fresh start if i do it is it loss my original windows product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/fresh-start/c477513e-d11c-42c6-bd8a-ad9dfa096f01
  6. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  7. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....
  8. Cant do fresh install for DVD

Cant do fresh install for DVD: I have successfully upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but i would like to do a fresh install as its been years since i have and would like to start from fresh. I made the x64 DVD from the MS installation media creation tool. I run the setup.exe from the disc and it starts...
  9. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition: Hi, I have an ASUS which came with 8.1 OEM. I upgraded to Win 10 and now am about to do a fresh install of Win 10 (using this tool: Windows 10) on it. It has 2 recovery partitions 20 GB and 500 MB. Q1. During fresh install, do I need to delete both recovery...
  10. Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions

Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions: I have suspicions of issues on my daughters ASUS laptop. It has had some viruses recently and tbh I am just not comfortable with her using it now until I can wipe it and start it all afresh. I upgraded (the free update) from windows 8 to windows 10. Just so everything...