Windows 10: Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Discus and support Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... aa819041-bd04-4ec7-aa5b-f21d39c11780?upload=true.png Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... 0ba55d28-0452-4b82-9856-880dcb7d0196?upload=true.png

Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?

:)

Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018

2. Does Fresh Start Affects Partition?

I have two partitions. One for the Windows OS and the other one is for the backup data. I am currently planning to do fresh start. My question is, does fresh start delete my data on the other partition too?

Thanks Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... :)

MichaelYapriadi, Jul 12, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Windows 10 upgrade and fresh install

Hello everyone,

I have an 2 year old ASUS laptop witch came with windows 8 already installed. It has all the partitions made by the manufacturer, the OS, DATA and hidden recovery partitions. I was wondering if i can do a a clean and fresh install on my laptop without all
    the partitions it has, meaning removing ALL the partitions and erasing the hard drive COMPLETELY so i can do my own partitions and install windows 10 from scratch.

If this is possible could you give a step by step guide on how to do it and what precautions i need to take?

SoulImmolator, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... - Similar Threads - doing Fresh Start

2. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  3. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  4. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  5. Fresh Start removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start removed?: I restored a laptop to its original factory setting, and then updated it to Window 10 version 21H1 May 2021 update. I am wanting to rid this computer of all the bloatware it came with from the factory, and want to use the "Fresh Start" feature to do so. Now, when I follow the...
  6. Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files

Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files: Hello there, As I like being short and direct, all I will say is the following. I'm planning on doing Fresh Start to improve my system's performance. I need your help to decide between Fresh Start and Reset This PC features. Fresh Start will remove my apps, but by "apps"...
  7. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...: i want to do a fresh start but i don't know will it delete all my file or only file my OS is installed same drive with 2 partitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-doing-a-fresh-start-only-remove-the-partition/d67b6bf2-61b4-4750-8728-97156962c35b
  8. Fresh install with 1909 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install with 1909 only?: Hi everyone; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 last night to attempt to fix some power on from sleep issues that I am having on my notebook. I like to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB for the install, so I can format the drive using command prompt etc....
  9. Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ...": I have to do a completely fresh install, so I wiped the SSD clean and for good measure converted to MBR and then back to GPT. My install is completely vanilla except that I an installing to a 256 GB Windows partition out of 465 GB total on this SSD. So when i checked on...
  10. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....