Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Discus and support Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Petar Nikolic Win User

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... aa819041-bd04-4ec7-aa5b-f21d39c11780?upload=true.png Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... 0ba55d28-0452-4b82-9856-880dcb7d0196?upload=true.png

Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well?

:)

Petar Nikolic, Jul 12, 2018
  2. MichaelYapriadi Win User

Does Fresh Start Affects Partition?

I have two partitions. One for the Windows OS and the other one is for the backup data. I am currently planning to do fresh start. My question is, does fresh start delete my data on the other partition too?

Thanks Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... :)

MichaelYapriadi, Jul 12, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2018
  4. SoulImmolator Win User

Windows 10 upgrade and fresh install

Hello everyone,

I have an 2 year old ASUS laptop witch came with windows 8 already installed. It has all the partitions made by the manufacturer, the OS, DATA and hidden recovery partitions. I was wondering if i can do a a clean and fresh install on my laptop without all
    the partitions it has, meaning removing ALL the partitions and erasing the hard drive COMPLETELY so i can do my own partitions and install windows 10 from scratch.

If this is possible could you give a step by step guide on how to do it and what precautions i need to take?

SoulImmolator, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the... - Similar Threads - doing Fresh Start

2. I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...: Since I am using additional security measures/features. When I put my new hard drive in (fresh install) should there be anything else I do? Or do I just install the hard drive/Win 10 as normal?...
  3. To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?: I just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Home Premium, using my Upgrade Disc, on a broken Vista machine. Windows Update says I have 289 important updates. Do I need to install these or can I go straight to Windows 10? In a possibly related situation I should add that I have...
  4. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Freezing. How long do I have to wait?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 Freezing. How long do I have to wait?????: Hey all, The HDD on one of my PC's crashed with windows 10. something corrupted in the MBR and I was unable to fix it or recover data, no matter what I did with the recovery disk and with the help of many experienced people. Anyway, the next solution was to just get...
  5. "Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install

"Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install: Hi all. Was running Win 7 Home Basic; upgraded using to Win 10 but performance was poor. So, attempted to use the Settings tool to "Reset" without keeping my files. The reset got stuck at 66% (how ominous) and then informed me that the reset failed and the pc shut down....
  6. Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer

Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer: The slightly longer version: I've tried both the in-Windows path and a USB key with Windows 10, and both times I boot into the installer application, but there's just a black screen. The monitor is on, actively displaying black (no power-save mode), but there's nothing...
  7. Purchased an open-box laptop, how do I do a fresh install?

Purchased an open-box laptop, how do I do a fresh install?: Just purchased a Dell laptop from BB (open-boxed) for my son, he's 6, first laptop. He's going to love Santa. Anyways, I assume that Geek Squad wipes everything before selling it again? However, is their a way to do a fresh install, a reset or whatever you want to call it? I...
  8. Cant do fresh install for DVD

Cant do fresh install for DVD: I have successfully upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but i would like to do a fresh install as its been years since i have and would like to start from fresh. I made the x64 DVD from the MS installation media creation tool. I run the setup.exe from the disc and it starts...
  9. Update keeps failing at 84%. Any way to do a fresh install and activat

Update keeps failing at 84%. Any way to do a fresh install and activat: I have Windows 7 Pro on a Dell 5420 laptop. I've tried the upgrade multiple times and it always gets to 84% and then the screen goes black/blank. It sits there for upwards of a couple hours. After that it reboots and says Restoring previous version of Windows and I end up...
  10. Cant do a fresh install - system corrupted

Cant do a fresh install - system corrupted: Hi All, I really messed up my laptop and am hoping someone has some helpful tips. First some history of how I got here. This laptop has been dreadfully slow ever since i upgraded to the Windows 10 update last year. Boot up could take 10 minutes and clicking on anything...