Windows 10: Will Edge ever open in second monitor

Discus and support Will Edge ever open in second monitor in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roban, Aug 2, 2015.

1. roban Win User

Will Edge ever open in second monitor

What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge is concerned.

:)

roban, Aug 2, 2015

2. Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

That does work, but why would a person need to drag it over all the time if it just opens on the second monitor, extended display or not. That is the entire issue that people have had is that they don't want to drag it over. Say for instance I am playing
    a game (full screen), and I open Edge from my second monitor (which is extended desktop), I want it to open on the second monitor. Prior to what ever fix they made with the Anniversary Update, it would shrink my game (or close it out at times) and then pull
    up Edge on the main monitor. It always worked fine, dragging it over there, that was never the issue. Opening it on the second monitor was the issue. For some, it still is.

Michael R. Mastro II, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Open Edge On Second Monitor By Default

jnsanderson, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Will Edge ever open in second monitor

Modern apps open on my second and third monitor? They now remember what monitor they were last opened on too, like desktop programs do. This one of the things I've been wishing for. Looks like Edge doesn't though for some reason though? Weird?

alphanumeric, Aug 2, 2015
  5. roban Win User
    Hopefully enough users will request and M$ will provide. *Banghead

roban, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I don't use Edge so no big deal to me.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will Edge ever open in second monitor

1. Will Edge ever open in second monitor - Similar Threads - Edge ever open

2. Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge: I have a Veiwsonic VX1755 -17.2" Portable OMNI 1080p 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor that i use as a secondary monitor attached to my PC. When browsing with Edge, upon opening seemingly random web pages, the secondary display will go to sleep/turn black. I cannot get the monitor to...
  3. Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second display monitor goes to sleep after opening web pages in Edge: I have a Veiwsonic VX1755 -17.2" Portable OMNI 1080p 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor that i use as a secondary monitor attached to my PC. When browsing with Edge, upon opening seemingly random web pages, the secondary display will go to sleep/turn black. I cannot get the monitor to...
  4. Windows open as tiny slivers on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows open as tiny slivers on Second Monitor: I use a work computer that has a 1920x1080 display, and use a second monitor at 4K. I routinely experience an issue where when the computer has hibernated (e.g. I’ve stepped away & returned), many of the windows open as either very tiny windows, or as barely perceptible...
  5. Programs crash when opened on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs crash when opened on second monitor.: I'm running a Dual Monitor setup with the extended setting, and it works perfect except for one thing: any program that tries to start itself up on the second screen freezes and doesn't start up. I have no problems moving programs that are already opened around, and can...
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Can't open file explorer on second monitor

Can't open file explorer on second monitor: So i'm using windows 10 on my surface laptop and i have it connected to my tv by hdmi. For the most part it's working great but i'm having a bit of trouble with one thing. On my tv i'm not able to open file explorer. Whenever i click it it just opens on my main laptop. Is...
  8. Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor: Ever since i added a second monitor yesterday my headphone sound has gone distorted, i have tried everything i have found on the web from enhancement changes to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, i have switched the jacks around tried everything but it always seems to be...
  9. Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged: Few programs keep opening windows to unplugged monitor on Windows 10 I have checked Windows screen settings and nvidia settings and everything points to that i only have 1 monitor and only 1 monitor is displayed....
  10. Open Sticky Notes on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Sticky Notes on Second Monitor: Please advise on how to open "Sticky Notes" on a second monitor by default. Using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/open-sticky-notes-on-second-monitor/6c54355b-e03b-4c5e-a34d-1af9c722984c