Windows 10: Will I have to redo settings after Anniversary update?

Discus and support Will I have to redo settings after Anniversary update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Still not coming up on WU, but I am happy to wait. I have read that after update such settings as system restore and autoplay etc are changed. Will I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BstuSCO, Aug 3, 2016.

1. BstuSCO Win User

Will I have to redo settings after Anniversary update?

Still not coming up on WU, but I am happy to wait. I have read that after update such settings as system restore and autoplay etc are changed. Will I have to go through all settings as I did when upgraded from 8.1 to 10? Not a big issue, just curious. Thanks

:)

BstuSCO, Aug 3, 2016

2. Nokia 5530 XM WLAN / WiFi missing

What have you backed up? I would just back up what's needed - as contacts and sms's. - And redo all settings my self after resetting it.

Fender77---01, Aug 3, 2016
  3. fjctpXX Win User
    HD7 wireless sync does not work

Hello,

I have a HTC HD7. After setting up the wireless sync, it worked once, but it had never worked again after that. I tried to redo the setting process for wireless sync, but that did not work. So could you please tell me what is wrong with it?

Thanks

fjctpXX, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

All mine were OK no change I went to media creation tool it now gives you the option to upgrade so I did it that way

Samuria, Aug 3, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, yes that's what I found.. (system restore, autoplay settings changed). I also found, having started the upgrade manually, I had to answer a number of the standard installation questions again. Don't know if that applies if you proceed via Windows Update.

Found issues with 4 programs so far, including Zoom player which no longer works. There could well be more.

Note that most people probably wouldn't be aware of autoplay settings 'cos it wasn't working fully in Win 10 without polling the DVD drive.

It's normal in Win 10 upgrades and in-place upgrade repair install (similar basic installation process) for system restore to be turned off.

I also lost the desktop context menu classic personalisation option as per tutorial, so had to redo that, and had to reapply colour to the inactive title bar (tutorial).

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  6. BstuSCO Win User
    Thanks guys for replies. I guess it`s always worth checking settings after a major update/ upgrade. Also I read that Cortana is not so easily disabled after update. But really I don`t want/ need Cortana. I just ask the wife to google stuff on her Ipad, she is MY Cortana! lol. Thanks again.

BstuSCO, Aug 3, 2016
  7. AndreyT Win User
    Most settings are retained. I.e. if your Autoplay was disabled, it will remain disabled.

Some other things get reset though. The update re-enables Homegroup services as well as Connect Now! service (if one had them disabled). Some Privacy settings also get changed, since new apps get installed or some old ones reinstalled (like Get Office etc.)

AndreyT, Aug 4, 2016
  8. ronzie009 Win User

The upgrade also changed my font sizes. I think it may have reset my custom color calibrations for my monitors. Plus, I have a program called Who's On My WiFi that now shows a new unknown machine on my lan with an address of 10.0.0.1, which is supposed to be a reserved private ip. I know it's not my main router or the wireless access point I've added on, as those are at their usual addresses in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range.

edit: After further investigation, it seems that the 10.0.0.1 ip address is the OpenVPN installed TAP adapter. Weird, but it never showed up as a separate machine in Who's On My WiFi before. The VPN isn't even in use right now!

ronzie009, Aug 4, 2016
  9. tazmo8448 Win User
    I lost all my pictures on the new update yet other things like My Documents, Downloads etc remained untouched...

tazmo8448, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will I have to redo settings after Anniversary update? - Similar Threads - redo settings Anniversary

2. Till this day I can not set my resolution to 1920x1080 after the Anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Till this day I can not set my resolution to 1920x1080 after the Anniversary update.: So after updating Windows past an old build I was using (think it was 1511) my monitor defaults to 1600x1200 for no apparent reason, when it's a 1080p monitor, nothing helped, not driver updates, not windows updates, nothing, I've read tons of posts regarding this issue and...
  3. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  4. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...
  5. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  6. Anniversary update reverts personalized settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update reverts personalized settings: After upgrading Windows 10 Pro version 1511 to 1607 (which is in fact a true in-place upgrade of Windows) I noticed that several of my personalized settings are reverted to their default values! What a disaster although I consider myself lucky because I carefully document...
  7. Will i keep anniversary update if i reset windows after updating ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will i keep anniversary update if i reset windows after updating ?: Will I keep my anniversary update if I reset windows after updating . Or will it reset to base version (10240) 58662
  8. Do I have the Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have the Anniversary Update?: Hi. Yesterday, I finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. While sorting a few things out, I saw many references on the Net to the 'Anniversary Update'. Wondering if I had it, I googled and found this: Anniversary update has 1607 build number. You should see Version...
  9. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...