Windows 10: Will I have to reinstall W10TP after they stage Full release?

Discus and support Will I have to reinstall W10TP after they stage Full release? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello.. my question is pretty much here in title. I own Windows 10 Technical Preview and my quesion is - Will I have to reinstall Windows 10 again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snipedhunter, May 6, 2015.

1. Will I have to reinstall W10TP after they stage Full release?

Hello.. my question is pretty much here in title. I own Windows 10 Technical Preview and my quesion is - Will I have to reinstall Windows 10 again after It's official release in summer? *sarc

:)

snipedhunter, May 6, 2015

2. Will I have to reinstall programs after the upgrade to windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

No, you have an option to keep files during the upgrade which lets you save all the programs you had during your previous version. However, in some cases you may have to install a program therefore, I would suggest you to keep a backup of all the programs
    and documents just to avoid any further issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 6, 2015
  3. olddemd Win User
    Will I have to reinstall programs after the upgrade to windows 10?

Original Title: upgrade

I am running 64bit windows 7. Will I have to reinstall programs after the upgrade to windows 10?

olddemd, May 6, 2015
  4. Williams Win User

Will I have to reinstall W10TP after they stage Full release?

it is recomended to do a clean install. I dont know if its possible to upgrade.

Williams, May 6, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Hi snipedhunter and welcome to the forums. We are allowed to install and test Windows 10. We don't own it. As for your question, I have heard rumors that MS is going to allow us to upgrade from the test version to the final version. The problem is as for now it is only a rumor. We may have to have a valid license for a earlier Windows version to do the free upgrade to Win 10. Until MS makes a official statement all we can do is guess.

Winuser, May 7, 2015
  6. Well I own Windows 7 legit key so I wanted to ask If I would be able to enter it here in W10TP and "upgrade" it to full version. You understand?*Smile
    and thanks for the welcome*Smile

snipedhunter, May 7, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    With a Win 7 key your definitely OK. I'm not sure if we will be able to just do a upgrade from 10TP or not. If your going to upgrade from Windows 7 you should be able to choose if you want to do a upgrade from 7 or do a clean install. We won't know for sure until MS releases the info.

Winuser, May 7, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

I'm hoping that MS will allow Windows 10TP testers to upgrade to the final version from 10TP and not have to use the key from a earlier OS. I would like to keep my Windows 8 and Windows 10. I know it wishful thinking but you never know. *Smile

Winuser, May 7, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I'd like to see the same but that's never happened before and I doubt it will now.

BunnyJ, May 7, 2015
  10. Correction:
    Read your EULA..... you never OWN any Microsoft OS!!! They only give you a license to USE it, while they retain the ownership.
    It's a thin Legal Line, that you should not be confused about. It's just like when you rent an apartment..... you have the right to use it, within certain legal parameters, but you never own it.

In every build of Windows 10 that I've tested since 9926, there have been more takeaways than anything I'd call an improvement.
    If MS continues on their current course, there is no way in heck that I'd ever want to upgrade to Windows 10.
    Build 10074 is a real mess, in my opinion. Just trying to set up your desktop and change to a new theme is a nightmare.

I just recently built a new PC and was forced to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 8.1. It's a great OS and does everything that I need an OS to do. With the Classic Shell and a few tweaks of my own, 8.1 is a great upgrade from XP.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 7, 2015
  11. meebers Win User
    So if you use your W7 or W8.1 key to get the "free" copy of W10, does that now make your donor key a non registered/non usable OS?

meebers, May 7, 2015
  12. meebers Win User
    Just an observation, when W8 and then W8.1 came out there were a lot of complaints about these OS's. Now that W10 is nearing, Win8.1 is getting a lot of praise of being a really good system. *Eek

meebers, May 7, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

Nobody knows for certain yet, but I'd think it likely.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will I have to reinstall W10TP after they stage Full release? - Similar Threads - reinstall W10TP stage

2. I have reinstalled windows and most of my storage is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reinstalled windows and most of my storage is full: I have recently reinstalled windows 11 due to a boot drive error. I chose to keep my personal files, but when I reinstalled, almost 500gb of storage is full, despite all of my apps being uninstalled. Before the reinstallation, I had around 1gb in files, so that isn't the...
  3. I have reinstalled windows and most of my storage is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have reinstalled windows and most of my storage is full: I have recently reinstalled windows 11 due to a boot drive error. I chose to keep my personal files, but when I reinstalled, almost 500gb of storage is full, despite all of my apps being uninstalled. Before the reinstallation, I had around 1gb in files, so that isn't the...
  4. Releasing 22H2 full version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Releasing 22H2 full version: Will the windows version 22H2 released which support tab system in File Explorer?? I listened that 22H2 was released previous month, but tab system will be released in October.So anyone can tell me the exact release date?...
  5. Releasing 22H2 full version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Releasing 22H2 full version: Will the windows version 22H2 released which support tab system in File Explorer?? I listened that 22H2 was released previous month, but tab system will be released in October.So anyone can tell me the exact release date?...
  6. Resetting to full release version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting to full release version: Hi there - I am having trouble with launching a program (serato DJ pro), which needs to run on a full release of windows, not an insider preview. My dxdiag says I am running "19041.vb_release.191206-1406". Support on serato says I need to go to a full release. Any thoughts...
  7. Full reinstall

Full reinstall: Ok so i feel like i have to much junk of my computer that’s slowing down it’s performance when it comes to gaming. Fps is never stable how it used to be (super 2060RTX and i7 7700k) Well i want to do a full clean install. How do i do this? And what drivers do i need to...
  8. Have A Folder Full of Useless Files After Windows 10 Reinstall

Have A Folder Full of Useless Files After Windows 10 Reinstall: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, recently I had reinstalled Windows to try and get Terraria working (it did) and I forgot to uninstall games before I did it. I was able to remove every other game without an issue (Uplay, Origin, Epic, etc) by going into the files. However, upon...
  9. W10TP on a Mac via Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10TP on a Mac via Parallels: Last night I decided to install W10TP on my MacBook Pro w/Retina using Parallels 9. Running OSX Yosemite, so I had to get the latest update to version 9 of Parallels to even use it. Started with a Win7 VM, made a copy of it and upgraded the copy to W10TP. Install was...
  10. W10TP Takes ages to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10TP Takes ages to install: Since I have a 75/75 connection, I thought I'd install it but it takes ages with me only getting 80 to 150 KB/second. Why is this? 3799