Windows 10: Will I lose my graphics/motherboard drivers if I restore windows 10

Discus and support Will I lose my graphics/motherboard drivers if I restore windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I custom built a PC and installed windows 7. I recently upgraded to 10 after upgrading my windows 8.1 laptop. I never reset or reinstalled windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pvrismore, Aug 23, 2015.

1. pvrismore Win User

Will I lose my graphics/motherboard drivers if I restore windows 10

I custom built a PC and installed windows 7. I recently upgraded to 10 after upgrading my windows 8.1 laptop. I never reset or reinstalled windows on my PC when I was running windows 7 simply because of how tedious a task it was but now that I have 10 it can be done easily and so I wish to. The only worry I have is that because my PC was custom built I worry the drivers for my graphics card, motherboard, disk drive etc that I installed from the CDs they came with may be lost in the reset as the drivers may not be "baked into windows" like drivers for pre-built PCs. The only reason this is such a concern is that I no longer have the disks and cannot find the drivers online or locate all of the files within my PC. Can someone please either put my mind to rest and tell me I don't need to worry or offer a solution if it will remove them. Many thanks, Matthew.

:)

pvrismore, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Arun B J Win User

If I reset my computer, will I lose Windows 10? If so, how can I recover it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    If I reset my computer, will I lose Windows 10? If so, how can I recover it?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    What make and model is the card ?

What make and model is the motherboard ?

We are not mind readers *Smile

AddRAM, Sep 3, 2015
  6. pvrismore Win User
    I have a sapphire radeon hd 7770 vapour x and a gigabyte (i forget the exact model) motherboard

pvrismore, Sep 3, 2015
  7. MS has provided a pretty robust driver suite for the Win10 OS IMO including the most current AMD video drivers. I did not have to go to outside sources for drivers except the chipset driver for this version of windows.

lopedoggie, Sep 3, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Well you need to determine the exact model. What I do is download all the drivers for the mobo and gpu before the upgrade and save them on to a usb or second hdd or whatever. I then install as necessary once Win10 install is complete.

I have not personally found Win10 to be good at installing the best drivers. I have found that Win10 installs drivers that work, but sometimes not as good as the board and chip manufacturers. Only about say 50-60% of Win10 drivers have given me full functionality of the hardware for the systems I've installed.

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will I lose my graphics/motherboard drivers if I restore windows 10 - Similar Threads - lose graphics motherboard

2. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  3. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  4. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  5. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  6. Intel DG41RQ motherboard's graphics driver is not available for Windows 10 and screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel DG41RQ motherboard's graphics driver is not available for Windows 10 and screen...: The manufacturer never seems to have released a graphics driver for Windows 10 for my motherboard. The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver only goes up to Windows 7. Now it is at 1280 x 766. My monitor supports 1366 x 766. The windows 7 drivers don't work on Windows 10....
  7. Will I lose Windows 10?

Will I lose Windows 10?: Hi, I just purchased a windows 10 pro key, where the seller said it will only work on a fresh install of windows 10, not upgrading. Sure enough, when I put in the key on my windows 10 home laptop, it said the code didn't work. I'm planning on uninstalling windows 10 home,...
  8. If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?: I have a Huawei Matebook13 2020 edition because I live in China. It comes pre-installed with a Chinese version of windows which will not allow you to change the language at all. It's an ultrabook with touch screen, fingerprint ID, all kinds of bells and whistles. If I were...
  9. Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?

Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?: I just got a new computer and I updated it to the latest official stable build 1909. I haven't connected my Microsoft account to this PC and use an offline sign in. Since this OS is not the best for the old hardware, I am planning on installing Ubuntu as the sole OS. However...
  10. Graphic Driver download based on motherboard or processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Driver download based on motherboard or processor: hi, i have a question in my mind! i download a graphic driver according to my motherboard or my processor thank you motherboard = zebronics h61 processor = pentium dual core G630 95418

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i upgrade graphics driver will the motherboard update as well