Windows 10: Will I lose my license?

Discus and support Will I lose my license? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I currently have a Windows 10 Pro license upgraded from Windows 8.1. If I buy a new SSD, and install Windows 10 using the same CD-Key which my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lolcocks, Aug 6, 2016.

1. lolcocks Win User

Will I lose my license?

So, I currently have a Windows 10 Pro license upgraded from Windows 8.1.

If I buy a new SSD, and install Windows 10 using the same CD-Key which my current Windows 10 has (no other hardware change, only SSD) will that work or will I have to buy a new license?

:)

lolcocks, Aug 6, 2016

2. If I rename my account will I lose my calendars and contacts on my phone?

My live account is based on my @lineone.net email address and my phone is linked to this account. I have been using an @outlook.com alias with my account. This email comes in on my phone but if i reply from my phone it is sent as my @lineone.net account
    which is no longer working.
    I would like to use my outlook alias as my main account name and be able to send as well as receive fro my phone with this email.
    2 questions please?
    What do i do to transfer to this as my main email for my live account?
    Will my phone, when reset, change and pick up my current live account calendar, contacts and email that i don't want to lose.
    Thanks for your help

KerryStafford-Roberts, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    If I rename my account will I lose my calendars and contacts on my phone?

You will have to hard reset your phone for sure, but since it's the same Microsoft account, your contacts, calendar and email will come back automatically. You can always verify your data at Outlook.com. What you see there will be what comes back on to
    your phone. You'll also be able to redownload any apps you paid for for free.

Entegy, Aug 6, 2016
  4. meebers Win User

Will I lose my license?

I have 2 SSD's installed on my machine, one is a CLONE. After I make a new CLONE, (backup purposes) I usually boot up on the Clone and test for a day or so. No Problems yet.

meebers, Aug 6, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    It will be fine - no need to enter any key as you now have a digital licence tied to your mobo.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Will I lose my license?

1. Will I lose my license? - Similar Threads - lose license

2. Do one lose Windows digital license after cloud recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do one lose Windows digital license after cloud recovery?: As my wifi drivers are not working a cloud reset have to be performed as suggested by the laptop company, i.e, hp.The laptop has activated Windows 11 with a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account, apparently. If that is the case will I loose my license, if I do a...
  3. Do one lose Windows digital license after cloud recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do one lose Windows digital license after cloud recovery?: As my wifi drivers are not working a cloud reset have to be performed as suggested by the laptop company, i.e, hp.The laptop has activated Windows 11 with a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account, apparently. If that is the case will I loose my license, if I do a...
  4. How do I change my Windows license and Microsoft account without losing files and apps?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I change my Windows license and Microsoft account without losing files and apps?: I want to reinstall Windows on my personal PC with a new license, because my current one is a Windows Education license that was for my college account, and I recently graduated. As such it will likely be removed from their system at some point, which would make me lose...
  5. How do I change my Windows license and Microsoft account without losing files and apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my Windows license and Microsoft account without losing files and apps?: I want to reinstall Windows on my personal PC with a new license, because my current one is a Windows Education license that was for my college account, and I recently graduated. As such it will likely be removed from their system at some point, which would make me lose...
  6. How do I change my Windows license and Microsoft account without losing files and apps?

7. Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?: Hi, I'm trying to do a raid 0 on my laptop wich has a windows 11 license oem, I will lose it if I reinstall from a recovery drive? or from a booteable usb with win11 from the windows page?regarts.ps: The main ssd has intel optane, can I use it after the raid?...
  8. Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?

Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?: Hi, I'm trying to do a raid 0 on my laptop wich has a windows 11 license oem, I will lose it if I reinstall from a recovery drive? or from a booteable usb with win11 from the windows page?regarts.ps: The main ssd has intel optane, can I use it after the raid?...
  9. How can I reinstall Windows 11 Pro on a new SSD without losing my license? Also, will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reinstall Windows 11 Pro on a new SSD without losing my license? Also, will...: I have a Dell Optiplex 5090 sff pc and I’m experiencing issues with Microsoft Windows OS 11 version. My current configuration only has a 7200rpm HDD 3.5 of 2TB. I’m having frequent issues with Windows OS. Issue 1:Every time there is an update or the system is rebooted after...
  10. How can I reinstall Windows 11 Pro on a new SSD without losing my license? Also, will...

How can I reinstall Windows 11 Pro on a new SSD without losing my license? Also, will...: I have a Dell Optiplex 5090 sff pc and I’m experiencing issues with Microsoft Windows OS 11 version. My current configuration only has a 7200rpm HDD 3.5 of 2TB. I’m having frequent issues with Windows OS. Issue 1:Every time there is an update or the system is rebooted after...