Windows 10: Will I receive major updates under these settings?

Discus and support Will I receive major updates under these settings? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello In the following screenshot I show how I have set Windows Update on my main Windows 10 Home installation. I always use a local account and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joanne, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Joanne Win User

Will I receive major updates under these settings?

Hello

In the following screenshot I show how I have set Windows Update on my main Windows 10 Home installation. I always use a local account and I do not wish to use a Microsoft account on this installation.

1) Will I still receive the major updates?
    2) Will I still receive the builds of the Slow ring?

Will I receive major updates under these settings? [​IMG]

PS: I dual-boot and on my other SSD I run Windows 10 Home as an Insider, so there I am on the fast ring and set to "Get Insider builds"

Thank you.

:)

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015

2. Will I still receive cumulative updates?

Will a disk clean up remove my files?

8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Will I still receive cumulative updates?

Why not troubleshoot the failure to upgrade. You have a problem to resolve as many others have had!

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a
    language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your
    System
    and Application logs (two files) from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. You can remove the earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

Anyone, please?

This is important.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Will I receive major updates under these settings? - Similar Threads - receive major updates

2. major Bluetooth issue under windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    major Bluetooth issue under windows 11: the bluetooth is no longer present on my computer and I tried to uninstall the driver which was hidden??! but now it doesn't reinstall it after reboot. I am on a lenovo flex 5 under windows 11;...
  3. major Bluetooth issue under windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    major Bluetooth issue under windows 11: the bluetooth is no longer present on my computer and I tried to uninstall the driver which was hidden??! but now it doesn't reinstall it after reboot. I am on a lenovo flex 5 under windows 11;...
  4. Windows 10 will receive major feature updates once a year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will receive major feature updates once a year: Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 version 21H2 (November 2021 Update) to users around the world. The feature update can be installed by users running May 2020 Update (version 2004) or newer. Additionally, Microsoft has also announced a new update cadence for...
  5. Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings: Why is it exactly that every time Windows 10 has a "major update", all of my carefully set settings are wiped out and reset??? Let me first point out that this is NOT the same as some of the other posts on this site, where the system has created a copy of the profile...
  6. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. 142322
  7. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  8. Microsoft Edge extensions receive a major update with Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge extensions receive a major update with Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft Edge is getting most of the love in Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The company last week announced the new features that the extensions in Edge browser have received with the latest version of Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft rolls out improvements for Edge at...
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. 1709 update - no cortana button under settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    1709 update - no cortana button under settings?: hello ive updated my laptop to 1709 and if i go to settings i see that new button "cortana" to set settings for cortana yet on my desktop computer i do not have this option under settings eventho i have the same 1709 version whats the reason for this? 98559